Software Tech Lead | C++ | Trading | Market Connectivity
Software Tech Lead - C++ Market Connectivity About the company
This organisation is one of Australia's leading international proprietary trading firms with its headquarters based in Sydney CBD. They have distinguished themselves from their peers in the industry by maintaining world class technology in an innovative and collaborative team culture. Their culture of teamwork fosters an environment where new ideas are constantly shared, developed and implemented. Their team comprises a wide variety of talented professionals including traders, technology specialists, financial engineers and algorithmic developers.
About the role
The Software Tech Lead is responsible for managing a wide variety of software products enabling connectivity to exchanges and other associated infrastructure code. As the Tech Lead you will work in a globally distributed team of C++ software engineers on a Linux platform, and will be responsible for the quality of the team's work and productivity of the team. You will work with stakeholders on trading desks, risk, and operations to ensure that the team is delivering a world-class trading infrastructure. As the successful applicant, you will be a skillful engineer and team leader with demonstrable experience in leading software teams.
- Design, implement and test low-latency market access software libraries in C++.
- Work with traders and quantitative analysts on the design and Implementation of trading systems components including back-testers, simulators, and other trading infrastructure.
- Build, Deploy and Operate trading systems in a production environment.
- Work with the Application Support team on trading system documentation, diagnosis of production incidents and their resolution.
- Team management duties including management of priorities, performance feedback, setting standards and mentoring.
- Deep knowledge of C++, STL and Boost
- Good understanding of data structures, their implementation and time complexity
- Experience with Linux systems calls for I/O, networking and process management
- Shell scripting experience
- Experience with market data and order entry protocol implementations in a low-latency environment
- Derivatives market knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and Management
As mentioned their culture of teamwork fosters an environment where new ideas are constantly shared, developed and implemented. Their team comprises a wide variety of talented professionals including traders, technology specialists, financial engineers and algorithmic developers.
- Share/Equities option
- Up to 50% bonus
- Work with some if the industries leading minds
- Flexible working
- Excellent salary
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nick Munro
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS without patching
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTCitrix Designer / Engineer | 6 month contractOther
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- CCNetwork Architect - part time contract, Sydney Western SuburbsNSW
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSenior Cerner Applications SpecialistOther
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- FTChief Information OfficerQLD
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTCustomer Support OperatorSA
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- CCSAP MM Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTTeam Leader/Assistant Director Information Technology Infrastructure Services (ITIS)ACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther