IT Field Services Manager -National
IT Field Services Manager -National
IT Field Services Manager required for one of the largest providers of rail freight services in Australia.
You will be responsible for the support of IT infrastructure and services at their rail terminals, depots, maintenance facilities and head offices in Australia. The role will report to the IT Service Delivery Manager and has 5 direct reports, being the Field Service Engineers in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney Freight terminals as well their operations office in Port Waratah (Newcastle). Regular Travel Required.
- Create and lead a team of site-based IT resources to ensure on-going business operations
- Responsible for setting and maintaining clear Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for support of IT infrastructure
- Create regular reports / dashboards on a weekly/monthly basis or as and when required
- Create a proactive maintenance model for replenishment of equipment and a customer service orientated team that recognises the priorities of the business, and responds in the appropriate manner to user issues
- Develop good working relationships with the site-based teams and Business Unit technology teams, to ensure that IT is partnering with QLD, NSW/VIC, Intermodal and AIS to maintain and continuously improve productivity
- Oversee the full asset management lifecycle for site based assets including vendor relationships, asset tracking, adherence to replenishment cycles and fiscal management
- Drive the definition of service level metrics for site teams
- Assess technical competencies and develop skill gap closure plans
- Create a 'step change' in the customer service focus for IT
- Mentor and guide direct reports, to create a professional, service-orientated team
- Oversight of site-based IT projects (e.g. network upgrades, wireless, CCTV, gates etc.)
- Adherence to change management processes and audit control
- Support business projects through strong engagement with the business and good vendor working relationships
- Responsible for the roll-out of disciplined change management and controls processes
- Be available 24x7 for emergencies (Priority 1 Incidents) involving technical problems that affect the ability to provide operational support and business continuity
- Perform special duties, tasks, or projects as required
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an end to end "One Team" IT structure and culture.
- 5+ years in an operational support environment (transport, logistics or manufacturing experience preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in a technical infrastructure role (e.g. server engineer, network engineer, etc.)
- 3 + years' experience in managing a small team
- Passion for Customer Service
- Experience in Desktop support.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Technical Documentation skills
- Project Management experience
- Experience in support IT end user devices (e.g. laptops, printer, phones, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage diverse teams remotely
- Additional requirements [e.g. qualifications; licences; medical; travel]
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Christina Myles
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Doom's free DLC unleashes hell on hard drives as a ludicrously large update
- Best password managers of 2017: Reviews of the top products
- True Key by Intel Security review: This password manager wants to eliminate passwords
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTApplication Solution ArchitectOther
- CCEngineering information specialistNSW
- CCApplications Software EngineerNSW
- FTLand Access AdvisorOther
- FTWeb Designer (Drupal 7)Other
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Online/Website application developmentOther
- FTDigital Designer Jnr / MidOther
- CCMid-Level Business AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTraining specialistNSW
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- FTSOA DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerceOther
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- TPPMO SpecialistQLD
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- FTUX / UI DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTTalend DI DeveloperOther
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerOther
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTWireless Systems EngineerOther
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java with DevOps)VIC