Technical/ Architecture Java Lead - Move to Melbourne
- Melbourne CBD
- Fantastic Fin/ Tech Product Development organisation
- Work with a multi functional Data/ Risk Team
Technical/ Architecture Java Lead, leadershp, high volume, real time apps, algorithms, rules engines, drools, DDD, validated learning, Melb CBD
This is an opportunity to join a unique business, solving a worldwide problem utilizing technology to build bespoke systems on a global scale. This role will suit a Technology Lead/ Thought Leader who is a bigger picture type thinker, someone who wants to make an impact and is happy to be involved in all areas of Risk/ Decisioning and Security. Do you want to move to Melbourne permanently?
You will have strong prior knowledge/ commercial experience with cool, innovative and cutting edge software solutions that will be data-driven and carry real-time finance decision capability. You will be a data-driven thought leader within the organisation, responsible for prototyping and delivering production ready software.
- Prototype and develop rules and scoring based (predictive models and scorecards) systems to support real time transaction risk assessment, fraud detection and other functions
- Research and prototype machine learning based approach for transaction decisioning
- Participate in the evolution of the overarching payment platform architecture through the architecture working group
- Collaborate with product owners to build efficient and reliable feature implementations that will delight our customers whilst managing the risk of the business
- Maintain and author backend data services to underpin decisioning systems
- Maintain a high-fidelity suite of automated tests
- Ensure that story estimates and code reviews are completed in a timely manner
- Foster the use of the agile software process
- Care about clean code, reliability and continually fight to reduce complexity
- 5 + years of commercial experience as a Tech Lead with cutting edge payment software solutions that will be data-driven and carry real-time finance decision capability
- A first hand understanding of the trade-offs between rules, scorecards and machine learning decisioning
- Strong software engineering fundamentals with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated commercial experience building data-driven decision systems
- Expert in rules engines, including rules definition and management, preferably experienced with Drools
- A track record of software development, preferably using Java or a JVM language
- Able to build testable, decoupled, maintainable high-quality production code
- The ability to build real-time distributed software-as-a-service systems
- You are passionate about agile processes, data-driven development, reliability and validated learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant field (ideal)
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Kenny Nerlekar on 03 8680 4202. Please quote our job reference number: 200169426.
Reference Number: 200169426_8
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Google Home hands-free calling is here, but doesn't yet have caller ID
- Aukey's dual-port car charger with Quick Charge 3.0 is $9 right now
- Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-575-33BM) review: This low-cost laptop provides incredible value
- Gmail for Android: 6 awesome features you probably aren't using
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTVCE EngineerOther
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Operations Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Services (Level 3)NSW
- FTIBC Technical Specialist.Other
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics XRM / CRM .Net DeveloperWA
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- TPActive Directory EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical Delivery Manager - Network & VoiceQLD
- TPProject ManagerACT
- TPTraining ManagerQLD
- CCServer Administrator / EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital & Channel Sales DirectorOther
- CCManager - Collaboration ToolsVIC
- CCRelease ManagerQLD
- FTAdministration Support / Resource CoordinatorOther
- CCResource Management Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther