Senior Business Analyst - DET
Initial contract until January 2018 paying approx $760/day
Brisbane CBD Location | DET | Senior BA for a large technical ICT Project
BPMN | User Stories | SDLC | Prince 2
Our client, ICT Projects within Department of Education and Training, are currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst to identify and map current state of processes (As-is), utilise tools to analyse those processes and prepare future and improved designs (To-be) as well as participate in determining the necessary changes to arrive at the improved (To-be) state. You will be required to complete technical business needs gathering as well as completing generic user case stories.
Roles and responsibilities include;
- Assist project stakeholders to prepare business cases which define potential benefit, options for achieving these benefits (through development of new or changes processes) and associated business risks.
- Contribute to organisational change through recommended improvements to existing business processes, practices, procedures and information systems.
- Develop conceptual models of business processes utilising appropriate modelling techniques to develop end to end service mappings.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise in establishing and documenting ICT business and system requirements through a range of structured research and analysis techniques including, but not limited to facilitated stakeholder workshops, surveys, client meetings and industry reference reviews.
- Obtain formal agreement from stakeholders on the scope of requirements (including business focused user stories) to establish a base line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Where required, initiate communications between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for defined groups and facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Act as a technical subject matter expert in the development of business architecture framework, tool suite selection and design and methodology development.
- Apply and utilise business modelling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making.
- Actively participate in the management of client expectations in a limited resource development environment with competing priorities.
- Provide support and leadership where required to multi-skilled teams and act as a bridge and subject matter expert (SME) between business and technical stakeholders in architecting, developing, testing and delivering solutions.
- Experience working on technical projects within a large government organisation is highly desirable.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the DET environment is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Senior Business Analyst role or a role requiring business process analysis and improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and validating multiple requirement types such as technical, Business, systems, configuration and concept and experience modelling business processes using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN).
- Experience in change management.
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities with a focus on simplification.
- Experience in recording process metrics
- Experience working with senior level stakeholders.
- High level written and oral communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and as part of a team in the design, preparation and delivery of solutions to clients.
- Experience writing user stories and use cases
- Demonstrated experience and practical understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and PRINCE2 Project Management methodologies. Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/18308. For more information please contact Kristy Coulter on 07 3258 8344.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- EVE Valkyrie's Warzone update brings CCP's VR dogfighter to normal monitors
- PCWorld's August Digital Magazine: Intel's Core-i9 Tested
- Google Home hands-free calling is here, but doesn't yet have caller ID
- Aukey's dual-port car charger with Quick Charge 3.0 is $9 right now
- Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-575-33BM) review: This low-cost laptop provides incredible value
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCProgramme ManagerVIC
- CCCisco WSA ConsultantVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- CCProgramme CoordinatorVIC
- TPTechnical Delivery Manager - Network & VoiceQLD
- CCWorkday ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPNetwork Design & Implementation EngineerQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Consultant/Customer Service SpecialistOther
- CCSenior Network EngineerVIC
- FTIncident ManagerACT
- FTAccount Manager - IT & Digital RecruitmentOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - DETQLD
- CCProgram Coordinator - Large Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTMobile App Development Lead | 6mth ContractOther
- FTData Center Storage & Backup EngineerWA
- FTSales ExecutiveOther
- FTDelivery Support Specialist - Data CentreOther
- CCSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW