Solutions Architect - CANBERRA BASED
- Initial 12 month contract with extensions
- CANBERRA BASED
- Australian Citizenship mandatory
Contract for a Solutions Architect with experience in architecting solutions, build, Big Data platforms and working with masses of unstructured data
Long term contract opportunity for a Solution Architect with demonstrated experience in architecting solutions, build, working with Big Data platforms (Hadoop, NoSQL databases, etc) and working with large masses of unstructured data.
The Solution Architect to be in involved in the development and implementation of ICT infrastructure, business applications and solutions. The Solution Architect will also ensure that these systems effectively and efficiently underpin core business processes and comply with internal and external requirements to support a number of projects within a Data and Analytics program.
Duration: Initial 12 month contract with 2x 6 month extension options
- Formal qualifications in a computer science or software engineering related discipline from a recognised tertiary institution, or demonstrated equivalent skills or experience.
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills with an emphasis on a business approach to problem solving.
- Extensive experience working in complex and dynamic business and technical environments and in the integration of systems and applications.
- Experience in Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, NoSql databases, massively parallel computation platforms, processing of large amounts of unstructured information, business intelligence and reporting systems, and analytical techniques.
- Previous background in working with or within risk intelligence organisations would be desirable.
- Understanding of Agile/Lean methodologies.
This role will:
- Consult with vendors and technical specialists to support the design, development and handover to operations of ICT infrastructure, business applications and solutions;
- Use business requirements to carry out high level analysis and design of all components required to provide an ICT solution;
- Proactively and operationally deliver innovative ICT solution consultancy services that support the business and ICT needs;
- Provide technical leadership in project activities and provide technical support to project managers;
- With particular emphasis on solution support and transition to production and the effective performance of all applications and ICT infrastructure and alignment with the ICT portfolio and compliance of designed solutions with the Department's enterprise architecture.
Specific tasks and deliverables:
- Identify, collate, analyse and document conceptual solutions that will resolve particular business problems.
- Lead the development of current and future state data requirements for a given domain.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to understand the problem including project managers, business analysts, domain and enterprise architects, data scientists, programmers and other relevant stakeholders in order to provide a solution.
- Maintain a complete and version controlled set of business and technology modelling documents that underpin an end-to-end solution.
- Contribute to the architectural practice in the business intelligence, data discovery, information management, automated real-time risk assessment, client profiling and advanced analytics capabilities.
Please note that only AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS are eligible to apply for this role.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Nicole Folkard on 02 61519217. Please quote our job reference number: 200168803.
Reference Number: 200168803_4
Contact Details: Nicole Folkard | 02 6151 9217
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nicole Folkard
Contact Phone: 02 6151 9217
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Google Home hands-free calling is here, but doesn't yet have caller ID
- Aukey's dual-port car charger with Quick Charge 3.0 is $9 right now
- Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-575-33BM) review: This low-cost laptop provides incredible value
- Gmail for Android: 6 awesome features you probably aren't using
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTVCE EngineerOther
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Operations Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Services (Level 3)NSW
- FTIBC Technical Specialist.Other
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics XRM / CRM .Net DeveloperWA
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- TPActive Directory EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical Delivery Manager - Network & VoiceQLD
- TPProject ManagerACT
- TPTraining ManagerQLD
- CCServer Administrator / EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital & Channel Sales DirectorOther
- CCManager - Collaboration ToolsVIC
- CCRelease ManagerQLD
- FTAdministration Support / Resource CoordinatorOther
- CCResource Management Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther