Application Migration Engineer
Applcation Migration Engineer
- 12 month intial contract
- Based in Richmond, Western Sydney
- Immediate interviews and starts
Migrate client servers into a Managed Private Cloud and sit down with the end client and work with them and the business to facilitate the migrations.
You will not be doing the migrations but will need to understand migrations and the impacts, understand the technologies and the potential impacts on the applications.
- Understanding of variety of application architectures and design principles, including but not limited to
- a. Microsoft Technologies - Microsoft.Net, Visual Basic, Visual C++, IIS
- b. Linux Operating System Technologies - Redhat Linux, SUSE, Sun Solaris
- c. Microsoft Operating System Technologies - Windows 2008, 2012, 2016
- d. Open Source Technologies - PHP, Python, Java, J2EE
- e. Database Technologies - Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
- Understanding of variety of networking and firewall architectures and design principles, including but not limited to
- a. LAN, WAN
- b. Software and Hardware Based Firewalls
- c. Anit-virus
- Understanding of virtualisation technologies, including but not limited to
- a. VMWare
- b. Citrix
- c. Microsoft Virtual Server, HyperV
- Understanding of variety of Automation and Orchestration technologies, including but not limited to
- a. Salt Stack
- b. Docker
- c. Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Understanding of server and data migration tools, including but not limited to
- a. VMWare Convertor
- b. Double-Take
- c. VMWare VMotion
- Ability to work at various level of technologies - from reviewing configuration through till installation/configuration
- Ability to stand up new environment based on limited documentation and/or by reviewing existing configuration
- Ability to test using technical and functional toolset to validation new environment setup and migration of server/applications
- Ability to troubleshoot complex application environments and document findings for both tactical and strategic solutions.
- Ability to prepare documentation as per University standards, including but not limited to Design documents, Support Documentation, As-Built, Runbooks, Operational Guide, Test Results etc.
- Understanding of various development, project management methodologies, principles and framework, including but not limited to, Waterfall, Agile, Iterative, PRINCE2, PMBOK, ITIL.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nick Munro
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Don't be fooled: Windows Mixed Reality headsets are just VR headsets
- Thinking Big: Why Bold Ideas, Technology and Collaboration Help Bridge the Rural-Urban Divide
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 10 Review: It works well, but read every install screen closely
- Windows Defender review: Basic protection at the right price
- AVG Internet Security Review: A premium antivirus suite that you can put on all your household PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- CCSystems AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- CCContent WriterNSW
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesACT
- TPProject Manager | Digital Health ProgramQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCWorkforce Analyst Contract opportunity in MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager - Software Development ProjectsOther
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Agile / DigitalOther