Senior Business Analyst
Our client, a large complex QLD Government organisation, are currently seeking a Senior Business Analyststo work with business units and stakeholders across potential initiatives to define the model, process and framework for acceptance and assessment of these.
The Business Analyst will also work with business units across initiatives to capture high level requirements, adhere to frameworks of assessment, liaise with ICT units and provide guidance to progress initiatives.
The successful candidates will engage with service owners across the department to meet agreed project timeframes and deliverables and will report to the Project Manager.
The Senior Business Analyst will be required to:
- Proactively manage key stakeholder relationships, and lead and conduct workshops and meetings as required to define business processes, and ensure improved outcomes.
- Obtain formal agreement from stakeholders on the scope of requirements (including business focused user stories) to establish a base line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Where required, initiate communications between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for defined groups and facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Assist and prepare project stakeholders business cases which define potential benefit, options for achieving these benefits (through development of new or changes processes) and associated business risks.
- Take responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
- Contribute to organisational change through recommended improvements to existing business processes, practices, procedures and information systems.
- Provide a high level of expertise in establishing and documenting ICT business and system requirements through a range of structured research and analysis techniques including, but not limited to facilitated stakeholder workshops, surveys, client meetings and industry reference reviews.
- Analyse and document business processes and related ICT requirements and take a lead role in the development of ICT system requirements specifications, including logical design.
- Conduct investigations at a high level for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Apply and monitor the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Apply and utilise business modelling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making.
- Develop conceptual models of business processes utilising appropriate modelling techniques to develop end to end service mappings.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the development of business architecture framework, tool suite selection and design and methodology development.
- Actively participate in the management of client expectations in a limited resource development environment with competing priorities.
Essential skills required;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Senior Business Analyst role or a role requiring business process analysis and improvement.
- Prior experience and knowledge of large complex QLD Government environment/s is desirable.
- Experience in business process reengineering/redesign and implementation.
- Experience in change management.
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities with a focus on simplification.
- Experience in recording process metrics
- Experience working with senior level stakeholders.
- High level written and oral communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and as part of a team in the design, preparation and delivery of solutions to clients.
- Experience writing user stories and use cases
- Experience understanding business process dynamics and the change management process.
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships with stakeholders, clients, customers, engaging necessary subject matter experts and resources to achieve mutually beneficial business outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience with investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes (including business focused user-stories), through improvements in information systems, information management, procedures and organisational change.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and validating multiple requirement types such as Business, systems, configuration and concept and experience modelling business processes using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN).
- Demonstrated ability to analyse business cases, which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or change processes and associated business risks.
- Demonstrated well developed communications, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including demonstrated experience in conducting workshops and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders, ICT operators and other service providers.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/18861
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Sony α9 Camera review: mirrorless cameras find their flagship of flagships
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Black Friday laptop buyer's guide
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTPageUp BAOther
- FTAnalysis, Design & Configuration ManagerOther
- FTApplication Support Technical LeadQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast HospitalQLD
- FTDevOps Engineer - Supply ChainOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCDesktop Support TechnicianOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileNSW
- CC.net developerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCICT Project Manager - Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCVMware EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Team LeadNSW
- FTAgile Delivery Project ManagerOther
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther