Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure Solution Architect
Initial 6 month contract paying approx $970/day
MS Infrastructure Cloud Solution Architect
Our client, a large complex government organisation, are currently seeking a Solution Architect to provide high level strategic and design advice to develop a future network architecture roadmap to support the delivery of the Departments Digital Vision. This role will advise on the transition of on premise services to cloud or managed services, and to provide advice on the refresh of existing technologies in the portfolio.
The Department is increasing its consumption of cloud-based services as part of a whole-of-government approach to cloud-first use of solutions and services. For example, it is currently migrating to Exchange Online and is implementing an externally-hosted and managed Skype-for-Business service to further enhance productivity for its mobile workforce. The Department owns and manages compute and network infrastructure at two data centres and has recently signed a contract with NEC Australia to provide Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Backup-as-a-Service solutions which includes the transition of an existing data centre to the NEC private cloud.
This activity presents an opportunity to re-assess the current internet gateway environment and how its services can be provided and managed going forward, as well as a future The Department also has some key on premise infrastructure components (Wi-Fi and WAN Optimisation) due for a refresh and seeks architectural direction on products and implementation strategies that align with its Digital Vision planning document.
* Identify opportunities for transformation of existing systems for transition to cloud based solutions and services, where appropriate.
* Create roadmaps to identify current state, future state, transformational work, and progress of capabilities in best practice and transitioning to the cloud.
* Develop frameworks and reference architectures to guide solution design.
* Provide requirements based on risk and architectural concerns to solutions and delivery projects.
* Support the solution design process by providing expert advice, guidance, and assurance to proposed solutions and delivery projects.
* Provide advice on state-of-the-art solution products, components, and appliances for use by the department.
* Contribute to the technology and business assessments that may lead to a case for business change.
* A flexible, pragmatic, team oriented, customer focused approach to the development and consultation of Enterprise/Solution Architectures for the Department.
* Previous experience developing architectures for on premise services and cloud-based services, and integrations in an enterprise environment, from an ICT data networking viewpoint.
* Thorough understanding of Architecture industry standards and practices.
* Strong understanding of cybersecurity best practices.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to provide strategic advice to senior stakeholders.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Cloud based Architectures including Azure, and O365, SharePoint, Dynamics and Exchange Online
* Provide design input and assurance over current projects which will be utilizing cloud services.
* Strong understanding of enterprise-grade network and security technologies, including WAN optimization (Riverbed), firewall services, email and web proxy services, load balancing and content switching.
Deliverables - In order of priority,
* To recommend an approach to provide internet gateway functionality for the new NEC private cloud, using components of the existing on premise internet gateway and NEC managed services as appropriate.
* To provide a roadmap and a high-level design for the refresh the Department's Wi-Fi platform.
* To review the viability of refreshing the Department's WAN optimization/local virtual machine capability for its regional office presence, and if viable provide a roadmap and a high-level design.
* To document a three year data centre strategy to further enable and optimize the consumption of cloud-based services.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below quoting Ref No. 4A/18904. Should you wish to discuss, please call Kristy Coulter on 07 3258 8344.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Sony α9 Camera review: mirrorless cameras find their flagship of flagships
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Black Friday laptop buyer's guide
- D-Link Launches Their Fastest-Ever NBN AC5300 MU-MIMO Modem Router
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject Manager - MortgagesNSW
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerACT
- TPPrincipal PO|PI DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication ArchitectOther
- TPDelivery Lead - IT Services Function - Day rateNSW
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- FTPrincipal ConsultantOther
- FTWeb Developer - Drupal 7 or iApplyNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystsACT
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- FTRisk Specialist - 6 month contractOther
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- TPMicrosoft Cloud Infrastructure Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Contract - $650 per dayOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDynamics AX Functional Consultant ? Finance | Supply ChainQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- FTMid-Senior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTAutomation TesterOther