Our Client, NSW Government is seeking to appoint a Systems Engineer to join the team on an initial 6 months contract with the possibility of extension.
The Data Centre sits within the wider Customer Service Delivery team.
Its physical environment supports the Datacentre Services provided to the wider Service Delivery groups including Storage and Backup, Windows, Unix and Virtualisation (VMWare) environments providing services to staff, students and alumni across 4 Data Centres housing over 114 racks and over 800 servers.
The Systems Engineer (Data Centre) provides expert services in relation to the implementing, managing, operating and supporting the monitoring of the IT Server environment for the entire Department.
This role monitors the operations of the Departments Data Centres. The position is part of the IT organisation but will work closely with the Facilities Division to ensure the data centres operate within their defined metrics and to maximize uptime for the departments server environment.
The role of Systems Engineer (Data Centre) reports to Data Centre Manager.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
* Manage and support the Departments primary data centres to ensure SLAs are achieved and the data centre environment uptime is maximized.
* Implement and manage a stable and robust server/system monitoring and alerting environment for the Departments IT Services.
* Maintain, configure and implement various monitoring systems to create proactive notifications when hardware and software components fail and drive timely rectification and notification to system owners and interested parties.
* Monitoring the performance and improve the quality of operational processes and standards in running systems.
* Undertake complex problem diagnosis, correction and escalated support of relevant technologies across the Departments IT environment.
* Coordinate and liaise with vendors as necessary to ensure rapid return to service.
* Assist with the racking and placement of equipment in the data centres either through Department staff or external contractors.
* Be an active member of the Customer Service Delivery team to help deliver end-to-end infrastructure solutions that match business requirements and ensure appropriate monitoring systems implemented/removed.
* Manage the safe work practices and OH&S requirements of the data centres to ensure a safe working environment for all staff and visitors that require access to the data centres.
* Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
*Australian Citizen or Permanent residency essential
*At least 4 years' experience in a medium to large scale IT environment as well as relevant specialist expertise across 2 or more technical infrastructure domains
*Solid experience in writing policies and procedures and other support documentation.
*ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent
*Demonstrated experience monitoring IT systems through tools such as Dell Open Manage Essentials, Microsoft SCOM. Nagios would also be an advantage.
*Demonstrated experience with server hardware maintenance/repairs and troubleshooting (servers - blades and physical, chassis, other data centre hardware as directed) and vendor management for hardware maintenance and repairs.
*Demonstrated experience in Enterprise level Remote Access technologies with iDRAC/iLO or similar technologies
*Sound understanding of Data Centre procedures for Adds, Deletes and Changes Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Join the newsletter!
- Hyperwallet Facilitates AUD transfers for Amazon Sellers
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
- Keep Watch Day and Night with Uniden’s Two-In-One Camera and Spotlight
- Foxtel Now Streams to Apple TV with AirPlay
- Best holiday laptop deals
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- TPAndroid Engineer - Contract (6 months)NSW
- FTTest ManagerOther
- TPSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTITSM Senior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTPython DevelopersOther
- TPSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTJunior Product/Project Manager - North QueenslandQLD
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst (Expression of Interest)QLD
- FTSoftware EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk/Technical Support - Windows OS & MS Office SuiteOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- TPFull Stack Developer - AWSNSW
- FTSenior Test AnalystACT
- FTHosting/Virtualisation ArchitectACT
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTHosting/Virtualisation ArchitectVIC