Lead Technical Specialist ? Wintel Platform
- Great CBD Location
- Wintel Platform experience
- Start ASAP
Seeking for a Top Gun - Lead Technical Specialist ? Wintel Platform for 3 months contract role with possibility of extension.
Seeking for a Top Gun - Lead Technical Specialist - Wintel Platform for 3 months contract role with possibility of extension.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Our client is a leading Australian Government organisation, extremely well branded with a very corporate environment. Great Melbourne CBD location, close to all transport and shops.
A dynamic and flexible environment will provide for the right candidate experience with an Enterprise Giant!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The team is looking for a Lead Technical Specialist to provide technical advice and expertise to support the development, implementation, support and administration of technology solutions across the middleware space with superior skills across the Wintel platform and with advanced Active Directory experience.
Core responsibilities include:
- Leading the individual Tower technical leaders in strategy and process to ensure that we are using the expected patterns and processes to maintain standards and optimal performance
- Being accountable to have a fundamental understanding of the cross platform technologies and how they interact
- Bridging the gap between Architecture, Engineers, and SME's to ensure that the designs we are putting forward are supportable and can function as designed.
- Be a strong advocate for software currency
- Work closely with Capacity Mgmt team to ensure we are managing the environment appropriately across the various platforms
- Acting as the gate to vet change and associated risk to suggested changes
- Recommend, improve and drive implementation & adherence to agreed methodologies, standards and guidelines
Skills and Experience:
- Broad exposure to a variety of other technologies (e.g. Unix, Databases,, Networks, VMware, Storage) with a firm understanding of the interdependencies between those technologies and the role area of expertise
- Knowledge of the banking/finance industry
- Team Lead, SME or Technical Lead in fast-paced, dynamic IT environments with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Sound knowledge of relevant current and emerging technologies
- Preparation & presentation of material to all levels of management and delivery
- Proven ability to articulate application of product technology best practice recommendations• Proven experience in leading complex defect troubleshooting and resolution
Technical Skills required:
- 12+ years practical experience with Windows Server in complex clustered environments: installing, configuring & administering enterprise-level solutions, migration, performance tuning, disaster recovery & troubleshooting
- Windows Server Operating Systems Windows 2008 / 2012
- Active Directory
- VMWARE- experience with building VM's
- P2P and P2V tools e.g. VMware's vMotion , Novell PlateSpin
- Citrix (Presentation Server 4.5, 5.0)
- SCCM, SSCOM, SNA, HIS
- Clusters - eg Microsoft and Veritas
- Scripting (especially VBscript or Powershell)
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Rutika Kawale on 03 86804220. Please quote our job reference number: 200169082.
Reference Number: 200169082_3
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Jobs you may also be interested in ...
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Join the newsletter!
- Graphics card prices are ludicrous. Here's how to keep gaming in the coin mining era
- Technology predictions for 2018 and beyond
- Steam is selling Papers, Please for $2 today
- Final Fantasy XV's PC port needs up to 155GB of storage space
- CES 2018: 20 Great Gadgets We Saw On The Show Floor And Beyond
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- CCDesktop Technician - 2 weeks deploymentNSW
- FTAgile Scrum Master/Project ManagerOther
- TPProgram Scheduler | 12 Month Contract | Qld GovernmentQLD
- TPSecurity ConsultantNSW
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTIT Support OfficerWA
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTGraduate Application Support OfficerOther
- FTManagement AccountantOther
- FTSQL Database AdministratorACT
- FTMajor Incident and Problem SpecialistOther
- CCData Quality ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator, Technology ProjectsOther
- FTSystems SpecialistSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - CMS / DMSOther
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- CCSolution Delivery Manager/Tech LeadNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT