Data Centre Server Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Data Center Server Engineer to work for a leading Global IT Company located in the Perth CBD. The role will be working onsite for a major mining client of theirs.
Candidates must have strong experience in areas such as Virtualisation and Wintel System Infrastructure. We also require experience working within an ITIL Service Management environment as well as excellent communication skills, strong problem solving and customer engagement ability.
Please note: some rotational shift work will be involved:
- as an indication it will be approximately 14 ~12hr shifts a month with the remaining days off.
- Shifts typically will be blocks of 4 consecutive days.
- There will be rotating weekend and night shifts.
- Manage technical operations of VMware and Wintel platforms.
- Design, test and implement enhancements and improvements.
- Monitor platform performance, capacity, availability and compliance.
- Manage and drive platform maintenance activities.
- Take ownership for critical incident resolution, driving issues to closure.
- Rapidly troubleshoot and solve complex technology problems to restore production system availability in a structured, timeous manner.
- Proactively monitor & manage events to maintain critical production systems availability.
- Review, maintain and ensure end-to-end architecture diagrams for critical services to assist in upstream and downstream impact assessment and causal analysis.
- Review root cause of incidents and work with appropriate resources to ensure continuous improvements of technology environment and products.
- Apply effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business service impacts.
- Maintain and analyze metrics to identify trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs.
- Plan implementation work in consultation with client management.
- Ensure service management operational processes are applied properly and consistently.
Strong, commercial experience providing data center operations services and expertise to enterprise clients is required, specifically:
- VMWare operations
- Windows Server operations (preferably Microsoft Windows Server 2012)
- Resolution of major incidents
- Monitoring critical infrastructure
- Storage technologies (preferably EMC technologies - Data Domain, VNX, Isilon).
- Compute technologies, including CI and HCI platforms (preferably EMC VxBlock, VxRail, Cisco UCS).
- Microsoft SCCM, SCOM
- IT Service Management processes and tools (preferably ServiceNow).
- Microsoft HyperV
- IP Networking
- Load balancing
- Storage networking
- Automation technologies
- Ability to excel under pressure and tight deadlines and work effectively in high stress situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate technical concepts and status to management teams.
- Strong relationship skills and ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Effectively work with global operations teams.
- Work for a leading, global IT company.
- An opportunity to work for a client in the mining industry.
- Friendly, supportive team environment.
- Permanent role.
- Perth CBD location.
If you are interested and have the skills/ experience that we are seeking, please apply now with a suitable resume. You will be contacted if considered suitable.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Lisa Williams
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Join the newsletter!
- Rusty Lake Paradise review: Bizarre and brilliant
- A quick glance at the state of cryptocurrency
- If you bought a OnePlus 5T, your credit card info may have been stolen
- Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse review: A flagship mouse worthy of the Surface name
- Rumu review: Rebel without a cord
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperOther
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level Java Developer - BankingACT
- CCMachine Learning SpecialistNSW
- CCSix Sigma Process Improvement Consultant (Black Belt) - Sydney - TelcoNSW
- FTTest Analyst - AGILE- CMS/Digital/Web projectsOther
- FTGlobal Product ManagerOther
- TPSenior SQL DeveloperQLD
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTSenior React DeveloperQLD
- FTFront-End DeveloperSA
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTSenior System AdministratorOther
- FTApplications SpecialistOther
- FTTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9ACT
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level Java Developer - BankingNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - ASP.NETVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Multiple OpportunitiesQLD
- FTConsulting Project Manager (Agile)ACT
- CCSenior Test Coordinator - (ieMR/ IMR) BrisbaneSA
- TPGraphic Designer / Digital Content PublisherACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactQLD