IT Security Engineer
IT Security Engineer
About the Role
The IT Security Engineer is a role within Cyber Security Operations, reporting the Cyber Operations Manager. The successful applicant be expected to be contribute to the expert IT security operational management and change implementation requirements of IT, Faculties, Divisions, Affiliate and stakeholders. This role will require the ability to engage, collaborate, and negotiate effectively and to adjust personal style and approach to optimise outcomes.
- Strong firewall skills (PaloAlto, Cisco)
- Web Application Firewalls (F5 - ASM, ModSecurity)
- Switching and Routing (Cisco, Nexus, Cumulus)
- Load Balancing (F5 - LTM, Citrix - Netscaler)
- Proxy(Blue Coat - ProxySG)
- Vulnerability Management (Nessus)
- Security Monitoring (McAfee ESM , SumoLogic, SPLUNK)
- Cloud access security brokers (SkyHigh networks)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- DNS (Infoblox)
- AWS Security, Azure & Office365 Security
- Endpoint Security (Symantec Endpoint Protection, Cylance)
- Assist with Incident responses and BAU security change management.
- Assist with the Installation, configuration and upgrade of hardware, systems and software for in scope security services
- Management of security tunning, monitoring, troubleshooting, reporting and continuous improvement to optimise performance of WAF, Firewall and VPN Policy
- Updating operational documentation
- Participate with on call roster.
- Assist with the Security assessment of new applications and systems and major updates
- Assist with the review and modification of local IT Security policies,
- Assess and advise on the practicality of testing process alternatives. Initiates improvements to test processes and directs their implementation
- Collaborate across a range of teams and roles
- Scope, organise and managed IT Security Assessments, Vulnerability scanning and Management of 3rd party Penetration testing engagements.
- Ensure hazards and risks are identified and controlled for tasks, projects and activities that pose a health and safety risk within your area of responsibility.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field as well as 5+ years' experience in Cyber Security operations.
- Appropriate Cyber Security certification such as CISSP, CISM or SANS GIAC GCIH/GCFA.
- Appropriate security experience with enterprise-scale Office 365, Azure and AWS environments.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools including Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ensuring that the underlying problem is understood and a robust approach / solution is developed
- Established communication and stakeholder management skills across a wide range of stakeholders
- Appropriate experience working with Higher Educational environments would be highly desirable.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nick Munro
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Join the newsletter!
- What is a DXOMark Score?
- B&O Launches The Spring/Summer 2018 Collection
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Microsoft: Windows 10's installation time will be short enough for your lunch break
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerVIC
- FTJunior BA x 2Other
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- CCAutomation Test Engineer - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- TPProject Manager - SEQQLD
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- FTHelpDesk Support TechnicianOther
- FTDigital Business AnalystOther
- CCKnowledge Analyst (Digital Content)NSW
- FTDesktop Engineer Level 1 - 2Other
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTSalesforce/CRM Product Owner (CSPO)Other
- FTAdministration AssistantOther
- FTDRM DeveloperOther
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTOBIEE DeveloperACT
- FTJava AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- FTStorage & Backup EngineerOther
- FTWeb Developer - HTML / CSS / SASSOther
- FTBusiness Analyst (Infrastructure/ Office Relocation)Other