Onboarding Specialist / Service Design - ITIL | ServiceNow
Our client is seeking an experienced boarding / system tool build professional to join their client services unit. The team is responsible for onboarding the company's managed service clients. This involves transitioning large amounts of data into their service management tool which drives how the company will respond to certain incidents.
- Assist with manually onboarding product and client data - Make operations ready
- Onboarding of process and tools to BAU team
- Build templates and service levels to be used by customer service, asset management and client services teams
- Load data, test, validate and move to production (Service Now tool)
- Set up or attach service levels and service catalogues to new organisations or amend for existing clients
- Assist with process modification and support
- Process uplift and documentation
- Customer service, client management - Data Entry
- Update customer page in servicenow
- liaise with the PMO on governance issues
- Update knowledge articles
- Document writing, executing improvement plans and mitigating risks
- Work specifically around foundation data be it company / customer info, people data and asset management
- Experienced around Service Now / Service Central (SNOW) - MUST
- Can build / load data to a tool and can understand the backend
- Badic understanding or project management and stakeholder management
- Basic ITIL process understanding
- Strong data entry, "load sheets", reporting and excel skills
- May come from service mngt, operations, onboarding, transition / design or a system tool build role
- Understanding of back of house build capability or service desk
- Stakeholder management skills
Please submit CV in WORD format ONLY.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Colby Zurlini
A printer that is efficient, reliable and can work seamlessly with your systems and software.Read this solicitor's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Join the newsletter!
- B&O Launches The Spring/Summer 2018 Collection
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Microsoft: Windows 10's installation time will be short enough for your lunch break
- Microsoft's DirectX Raytracing paves the way for lifelike gaming, the graphics holy grail
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- FTSenior AX Developer / Team LeadOther
- FTFrontend Developer/Digital DesignerNSW
- CCTest Lead - AgileQLD
- CCSenior Tech BA (Banking) , 6 months contract, CBD Location,NSW
- TPIT Storage EngineerVIC
- FTUI DesignerOther
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro services URGENTOther
- CC0365 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerVIC
- TPOffice 365 Technical LeadQLD
- FTPrinciple Health Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - Syd / MelbNSW
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystQLD
- TPEL1 Data AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- FTSenior Transition Manager (Permanent)Other
- TPBusiness Analyst | Initial 3+ mth contractQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCOffice Administrator - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Insight AnalystOther
- TPJunior Business AnalystWA