Service Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support
- Howthorn Location
- Immediate start
- Reputable organisation
Seeking for Service Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support for Permanent role in Melbourne location.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading Australian organisation, extremely well branded with a very corporate environment. A dynamic and flexible environment will provide for the right candidate experience with an Enterprise Giant!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The primary function of the role is to provide support for customers, remotely via phone in the Service Desk. The candidate must be excellent experience in Desktop technical support including MS Exchange, MS Office Suite, Office 365, basic network support, knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls to the service center in line with set response SLA times, Verbal templates and OLA
- Call Lifecycle management including updating and closing of incident tickets
- Tracking and reporting on customer tickets, overall ticket management
- Where necessary, log jobs with third party providers / suppliers
- Diagnose problems and provide support on phone first and attempt to resolve at this first point of contact
- Escalate issues and queries when appropriate / time consuming and complex within the bounds of SLA and OLA criteria
- Configure and test PCs, notebooks and printers
- Monitor customer networks and key IT infrastructure
- Provide remote and onsite preventative maintenance services
- General maintenance as required, includes internal support and repairs
- Be available as back up to other teams during busy periods
- Research new products, ensure ongoing self learning - maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current practices / projects and influence new practices / projects
- Actively participate in after hours on call support rosters (additional money is paid for this)
- Help define and contribute to knowledge base articles and knowledge base management for best practice standards
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellence Desktop technical support For MS Windows versions 7,8 and 10
- MS Office Suite 2010,2013,2016,
- Exposure to Virus software including but not limited to Trend, Mail Marshal
- Exposure to basic Networking infrastructure like routers ,NTU, Switches ,Firewalls
- Microsoft server Operating Systems 2003,2008R2,2012R2, 2016
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 administration/problem solving experience
- Experience with Hypervisors like VMWare, Hyper-V and Citrix
- Processes - Process savvy - able to follow processes, and design them if there is no process
Non - Technical exposure:
- Business Understanding - A good understanding of the Managed Services business, and ability to talk to any level of person in an organisation about the business and its offerings
- Client Focus - meeting and exceeding immediate and future needs of clients
- Strong Communication - Demonstrates empathy and understanding within the work and within the client environment - expressing opinions appropriately, listening to the message being delivered, and Teamwork - Works efficiently and effectively with the team to achieve group goals; works together to accomplish business results
- Action / initiative - Works to meet objectives, solve problems before being asked or required to do so
- Decision Making/Judgement - Demonstrates the ability to make timely and effective decisions, including escalating when required
- Conceptual Thinking - Effectively pieces information into a cohesive whole, and presents in a clear and concise manner
- Quality of Work - Pays attention to detail and quality of work produced, ensuring excellence and always seeking ways to improve outputs
- Written Communication - Effectively translates ideas and concepts into clear and concise reports and documents
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 3+ years' experience in Service Desk or Technical Support role
- Experience using hypervisors ,Basic Networking support experience and Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Excellent communication Skills
- Helpdesk Support ticket tools experience with tools like Service Now, Auto Task, GFI
- IT or Business Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential
- Certifications such as CCNA,CCENT,VCP,VCA,ITIL,MCSA,MCP
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Rutika Kawale on 03 86804220. Please quote our job reference number: 200171638.
Reference Number: 200171638_6
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Join the newsletter!
- Intel's Alexis Bjorlin Explains Why Silicon Photonics Matter
- Kingdom Come - Deliverance review: Crusaders and Caveats
- Surviving Mars review: Spreading humanity to the stars isn't easy
- Microsoft tries forcing Mail users to open links in Edge, and people are freaking out
- This week in games: Shadow of the Tomb Raider confirmed, Witcher 3's Geralt joins Soulcalibur VI
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- CCPackager / Packager TesterNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- TPClient Systems TechnicianQLD
- FTDigital BA x2Other
- FTProgram Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- FTOnboarding Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTSenior PM - Data AnalyticsOther
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTApplication Delivery Manager - HealthcareQLD
- FTEAI Developer / Integration DeveloperOther
- FTSalesforce/CRM Product Owner (CSPO)Other
- FTSnr MS SQL Developer- Australian only- security clearanceOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCConnections Manager - Australian TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure System SpecialistQLD
- FTHybris ArchitectOther
- CCSenior MS SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCTivoli Netcool DeveloperVIC
- TPEL1 Data AnalystACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW