Why virtualise your NAS environment?
DevOps Engineer - Cloud - Government
- Melbourne Location
- Immediate start
- Baseline security clearance - Must
Seeking for a DevOps Engineer - Cloud for Government firm fro 10 months contract with possibility of extension.
A large government sector is looking for Devops Engineer - AWS and other public cloud infrastructure for a 10 months contract.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading Australian organisation, extremely well branded with a very corporate environment. Great Melbourne CBD location, close to all transport and shops.
A dynamic and flexible environment will provide for the right candidate experience with an Enterprise Giant!
To be successful for this role, you would need to have following:
ABOUT THE ROLE
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for developing and enhancing the cloud infrastructure platform used by our teams to support the build, deployment and execution of projects and application environments.
The purpose is to build and maintain a shared set of products as a managed service to the Engineering and development teams. The ultimate goal of the role is to build and support services and capabilities to successfully scale our production systems and infrastructure in the cloud to support our customer applications and environments
Key Responsibilities :
- Demonstrate a passion for automation and optimization of cloud infrastructure and common services to reduce the cost of deployments and change, while improving scalability and resilience to failure.
- Drive by example the uplift of software quality and security standards across all teams.
- Train and coach engineers in cloud platform technologies and processes to disseminate knowledge and skills across both engineering and site teams.
- Understand and be sympathetic to the needs of software and system engineers through team rotations, pairing and sharing responsibilities including on-call support, software builds and deployments.
- Foster a culture of trust and accountability.
- Be an evangelist for change by clearly communicating the vision and the path from current to future state, measuring progress and outcomes along the way.
- Experience in hybrid cloud infrastructure and linking client environments with AWS using DirectConnect and VPN
- Create new services to help IT/Ops teams with problem solving and infrastructure solution design
Education and Experience:
- AWS and other public cloud platforms
- Automated deployment tools and languages
- Configuration management technologies
- CI/CD pipelines configuration and management
- AWS Cloud Formation and/or Terraform
- Configuration management tools - Puppet, Chef, Ansible and/or Salt.
- Scripting Languages: Ruby, Python and/or Bash as appropriate
- Web services and databases: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Postgres or MySQL, MS SQL
- Continuous integration and delivery: Bamboo , Jenkins, Travis
- Network design and architecture (VPC, IGW, subnets, peering, dynamic routing)
- Windows administration and automation
- Other virtualization and cloud platforms including VMWare, KVM or Azure
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Rutika Kawale on 03 86804220. Please quote our job reference number: 200175711.
Reference Number: 200175711_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Join the newsletter!
- Frostpunk review: A richly conceived and vividly realised city sim
- Netgear Arlo Go review: An expensive but comprehensive home security solution
- Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- Garmin introduces compact Edge 130 GPS bike computer
- How Munich Re built a data lake fit for all its employees
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- TPProject Manager - Infrastructure - Data CentreQLD
- FTMultiple Solution Architect PositionsACT
- FTEAI Developer / Integration DeveloperOther
- FTSecurity EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Support and Implementation OfficerQLD
- TPOracle EBS/Java DeveloperQLD
- TPWindows 10 Deployment EngineerQLD
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior API/Integration DeveloperOther
- FTSystem Administrator/ Level 3 SupportQLD
- CCUNIX AdministratorACT
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- TPUser Experience DesignerACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Big DataOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTIT Forensics and Fraud Technical LeadOther
- FTC++/Python DeveloperVIC
- TPSecurity Operations SpecialistQLD
- TPProject Manager - Dynamics CRMQLD
- CCOperational Readiness ExpertVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- CCChange Manager - Australian TelcoVIC