Data Engineer (Java / Scala / Agile) - Government - Contract - Sydney
- Must be an Australian Citizen for Security Clearance purposes (Baseline)
- 6 month initial contract with potential for extension to 12 months
- Sydney North Shore location, close to transport and shops
Join a highly skilled team working on integration and feature build out of data heavy applications using the latest COTS technology.
Are you a strong Data Engineer with strong integration experience of data heavy Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications? If the answer is yes, this large Government department is looking for you...
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large team working in an Agile methodology, using the latest technologies. You will join on an initial 6 month contract that may extend to 12 months, seeing you through into 2019.
Only Australian Citizens are able to be considered for this role due to Security Clearance requirements; those already holding Baseline Security Clearance will have an advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Backend end integrations with Opentext document management system
- Custom data pipeline coding and design
- Backend development of report and entity features
- Backend development of auditing features
- Backend development and customisations on share capability of search criteria, including notifications
- Develop additional search capabilities: complex, report, search against configured synonyms
- Develop reporting capabilities: IGIS, audit stats, run stats on transaction reports, dashboards
- Identity and Access Management (IDAM)
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Be an Australian Citizen for Security Clearance purposes
- Proven experience in Java and Scala, web containers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss) and web servers (e.g. Apache, IIS)
- Building integrations with external systems (APIs, FTP, JSON, EDI, XML)
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases
- Experience with technologies such as Spark, Postgres, HDFS and Elastic Search
- Experience in data modelling and data pipeline design
- Previous experience in technical application support, build and deploy for one or more IAM product suites
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
Please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Virginia Sarkis on 02 94645575. Please quote our job reference number: 200175434.
Reference Number: 200175434_3
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Jobs you may also be interested in ...
A printer that is efficient, reliable and can work seamlessly with your systems and software.Read this solicitor's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Join the newsletter!
- How Munich Re built a data lake fit for all its employees
- ZTE slams "unfair" trade ban
- Google pauses Allo, presses play on Chat
- Garmin introduce Edge 520 Plus GPS cycling computer
- Huawei reveal just when Australians will be able to buy the new P20 Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Gigabyte AERO 15: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProxy Product Owner - $800pdOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - Health PASQLD
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!WA
- FTSenior Network EngineerVIC
- CCDatabase Systems Specialist-BathurstNSW
- FTProject Manager - SAP Asset ManagementOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- TPSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Security EngineerOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTIT Sales/Account Manager - EducationNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperOther
- TPMessaging EngineerQLD
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Internet Applications EngineerNSW
- TPTechnical Lead Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- TPPrincipal Solutions DesignerQLD
- FTLead ETL DeveloperOther