As more and more of everyday life becomes predicated on our connection to the digital world, the chances we will be targeted or vulnerable to cyber-attacks has also risen
Our client, a large established government department, are seeking Business Analysts (2 positions available) to assist with a system replacement and migration project. The successful candidates will be responsible for the analysis and identification of ICT solutions to meet business needs whilst providing leadership, expert ICT skills, knowledge and advice to ensure the department's systems enable staff to meet business objectives. Business Analysts will work closely with Subject Matter Experts and Business Representatives from various business units to understand business processes and practices. Work is performed under limited supervision within a team environment requiring a high level of communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to lead and influence a diverse group of people in a business-led IT project team.
This is an initial 12 month contract, from 26/03/2018 - 24/03/2019 with the possibility of an extension, located in Brisbane CBD.
- Analysis of user requirements to identify the most appropriate solution and conversion of these into detailed business requirements specifications.
- Documentation of 'as is' and 'to be' business processes, utilising BPMN.
- Assist clients with the articulation of high level business needs in relation to information systems and information technology (IT) processes.
- Provide advice and recommendations to clients on information systems capabilities and system solution options.
- Identify solution options that align with departmental and whole of Government enterprise architecture guidelines.
- Use strong interpersonal communication to negotiate, establish and maintain networks and working relationships with team members, clients and stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to staff by fostering personal qualities including enthusiasm, professionalism, commitment, accountability and demonstrated ethical behaviour.
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop and implement innovative communication activities aimed at ensuring all affected stakeholder groups have a clear and accurate understanding of the program and its impact on their work.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience of analysis of information management business requirements to identify the most appropriate solution and conversion of these into detailed system requirements specifications.
- Experience of Agile principles led business transformational change projects, in particular projects involving large-scale data migration between IT applications.
- Provide advice and recommendations on information system capabilities and system solution options.
- Significant experience of BPMN.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and use advanced communication to convey complex information to a range of audiences.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and research skills to develop innovative and cost effective solutions to complex IT issues.
- At least 5 years' experience of business analysis within complex, business critical IT projects.
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Kristy Coulter on (07) 3258 8344, quoting Ref No. 4A/19695. Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Join the newsletter!
- Fetch TV and Netflix Expand Partnership
- D-Link launches range extenders with whole home Wi-Fi
- Fetch TV launch new BBC Living channel
- QNAP gears up with affordable new switches
- Everything you need to know about 5G
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Frostpunk review: A richly conceived and vividly realised city sim
- Netgear Arlo Go review: An expensive but comprehensive home security solution
- Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSoftware ArchitectQLD
- CCCommunication OfficerNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - (Mid Level)Other
- FTBusiness AnalystWA
- CCDB2 SpecialistACT
- CCApplication Support Developer - .Net & SQLWA
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTConsulting Java DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst (Senior)WA
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectNSW
- TPOracle EBS/Java DeveloperQLD
- FTService Management LeadOther
- TPSecurity and Risk ManagerVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPSecurity Analyst/AdvisorWA
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTSenior ETL DeveloperOther
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther