- 26 August 2010 12:54
HP Launches Replace, Recycle, Reward
SYDNEY, Australia, 26 August, 2010 – Hewlett-Packard (HP) Australia today announced a campaign that delivers cash rebates to small to medium businesses (SMBs) when they replace and then recycle their old PCs, before 31 October 2010.
The ‘Replace, Recycle, Reward’ campaign (www.hp.com.au/replace) is designed to encourage SMBs to refresh their PCs to new, superior HP hardware; the new Intel® Core™ i processors; and to the Microsoft Windows 7™ operating system, and to then allow HP to dispose of their old hardware in an environmentally responsible manner.
“HP is committed to increasing the volume of our products that are reused, recycled and diverted from landfill,” said Chee-Mei Gan, Director of Product Marketing, HP South Pacific (Australia and New Zealand). “At the same time, we believe 2010 is truly the year of the refresh. As such, we want to encourage SMBs to look at the new notebook, desktop and workstation PCs we have launched in the Australian market, and to experience the very real difference this new computing hardware is going to make to the way they do business.”
SMBs that purchase a selected HP notebook, desktop or workstation PC from an authorised HP reseller before 31 October 2010 will have their old PCs (HP and non-HP branded) (1) picked up by HP for recycling, and they will then be rewarded with a cash rebate. The cash rebate is $75 per unit for selected HP notebook and desktop PCs, and up to $150 per unit for selected HP workstation PCs. (2)
Eligible PCs include selected Z200 Workstation PCs; selected HP Pro 3130 and HP 8100 Elite Desktop PCs; and selected HP ProBook 6550b and 5310m Notebook PCs, as well as selected HP EliteBook 2540p, 2740p, 8440p, 8540p, 8440w, 8540w and 8740w Notebook PCs.(3) More details on the Replace, Recycle, Reward campaign can be found at www.hp.com.au/replace.
HP operates recycling services in 56 countries and territories worldwide. For more information about HP’s reuse and recycling policy, visit: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/enviro/reuse/index.html.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at www.hp.com.au.
(1) Monitors are not included in this campaign. If a customer would like to trade in their monitor, they should visit http://www.hp.com/recycle">www.hp.com/recycle or phone our recycling team on 1800 820 447. Only one product can be traded-in against one new HP product purchased, and the traded-in product must be in the same product category as the new HP product purchased.
(2) Limit of 20 claims per ABN.
(3) A full list of eligible HP notebook, desktop and workstation PCs are contained in the full terms and conditions, which can be downloaded at http://www.hp.com.au/replace">www.hp.com.au/replace.
(4) Full terms and conditions can be downloaded at http://www.hp.com.au/replace">www.hp.com.au/replace.
(5) All claims must be submitted by 5pm on 10 November 2010. Once claims have been received and verified, customers should allow up to 75 days for receipt of the cash rebate.
(6) It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all data is wiped from their old PCs prior to collection by HP. During the dismantling and recycling process, drives and disks are treated physically, which normally erases all data. In addition, HP recycling partners have no right to use, reproduce, distribute, decompile, modify or copy any HP or third party Firmware or Software that may be contained in the product. The recycling partners have the obligation to insure that any such Software or Firmware is erased (by means of ultra-violet light exposure) prior to the sale of any products or parts thereof. HP will not be liable for the loss of any data or software stored or loaded on any traded-in product.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- CCTest Data Management AnalystACT
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisQLD
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- CCTRIM Support OfficerQLD
- FTIBM Tivoli Network Configuration leadVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- CCAutomation Test Analysts x4ACT
- CCMultiple Python DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Systems Administrator - Multiple Positions!Other
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter ValleyNSW
- FTIT ManagerOther
- FTSAP ISU Device management-FunctionalVIC
- CCSenior Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Objects DeveloperACT
- CCSAP Application SecurityNSW
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - 3D, VR, WebGLNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior BA Wealth ADVICEOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - InsuranceOther
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther