MSI has long pushed the boundaries of invention with its ever-evolving range of laptops but it has now pulled off a world first with the new MSI Creative 17.
- 28 October 2020 11:34
DigiCert Secure Software Manager Modernises PKI Automation to Enable Frictionless Secure Code Signing, Private Key Management
DigiCert, Inc., the world’s leading provider of TLS/SSL, IoT and PKI solutions, today introduced Secure Software Manager, a modern way to automate and manage PKI security across CI/CD pipelines. Secure Software Manager makes it easy for enterprises to integrate secure key management for code signing into their development processes while delegating cryptographic operations, signing activities and management in a controlled and auditable way.
The drive for agility leaves today’s product engineering organisations exposed to internal threats and hackers. Stolen code signing certificates and their associated keys have led to many high-profile attacks, where these keys have been used to sign malware and commit fraud. DevOps teams need signing solutions that fit within their workflows and make signing keys easily accessible when pushing code, but many orchestration tools do not include key protection.
Secure Software Manager removes the burden on engineers for cryptographic asset protection, enabling them to sign with confidence and freeing them to do what they do best: develop and deploy software quickly and efficiently. It provides:
• command line tools that easily integrate with CI/CD systems
• automatic signing of packages, binaries and containers on every merge to master when authorised
• RESTful APIs for custom integrations
• simultaneous signing of Docker containers and software code, adding trust to every step of process
Using Secure Software Manager reduces the risk of key theft and misuse by strengthening security around key accessibility and storage. Hash signing lets developers protect intellectual property, as no files are uploaded to the cloud.
Additionally, IT organisations must comply with a variety of rapidly changing regulations that require robust key protections across increasingly dynamic and orchestrated environments. They also require full reporting and auditing capabilities to ensure compliance. Secure Software Manager enables:
• secure private key management in hardware security module (HSM) and offline mode for keys when not signing
• flexible deployment via SaaS or on a public or private datacenter
• centralized user management with flexible, role-based permissions and single sign-on (SSO)
• audit trail of signing activity for forensics and full accountability
“Secure Software Manager meets customers where they need to be, whether on-premises, in the cloud, or in hybrid environments through the DigiCert ONE platform,” said Senior Vice President of Product Brian Trzupek. “Our customers can enjoy complete automation or tailor the solution to support the degree of functions they require and be assured of seamless integration with their familiar CI/CD tools and processes.”
Beyond authenticating devices for the IoT and enterprise networks with certificates issued from DigiCert ONE managers, organisations can secure code and firmware. This includes enabling secure over-the-air updates throughout the lifetime of the device, using Secure Software Manager.
Secure Software Manager is built on DigiCert ONE, a PKI management platform built with a new architecture and software to be the PKI infrastructure service for today’s modern cloud-native challenges. Released in 2020, DigiCert ONE offers multiple management solutions and is designed for all PKI use cases. Its flexibility allows it to be deployed on-premises, in-country or in the cloud to meet stringent requirements, custom integrations and airgap needs. It also deploys extremely high volumes of certificates quickly using robust and highly scalable infrastructure. DigiCert ONE delivers end-to-end centralized user and device certificate management, a modern approach to PKI to provide trust across Kubernetes clusters and dynamic IT architectures.
Secure Software Manager is available for purchase now. Visit digicert.com for more information, or click here to register for an upcoming webinar on lightning fast PKI.
About DigiCert, Inc.
DigiCert is the world’s leading provider of scalable TLS/SSL, IoT, DevOps and PKI solutions for identity and encryption. The most innovative companies, including 89% of the Fortune 500 and 97 of the 100 top global banks, choose DigiCert for its expertise in identity and encryption for web servers and Internet of Things devices. DigiCert supports TLS and other digital certificates for PKI deployments at any scale through its certificate lifecycle management solution, CertCentral®. The company is recognized for its enterprise-grade certificate management platform, fast and knowledgeable customer support, and market-leading security solutions. For the latest DigiCert news and updates, visit digicert.com or follow @digicert.
Liam Price / Luisa Regattieri, DEC PR
(02) 8014 5033
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Join the newsletter!
- If this is really the next iPad mini, it can't get here fast enough
- How to turn off News And Interests in Windows 10's taskbar
- What to do with an old laptop: 10 clever ideas
- iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS Monterey: Which features will work on your device
- Why I left GeForce Now for a dusty PlayStation 4
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- MSI Summit E15 (2021) review: A productivity workhorse with a gaming pedigree
- Every TV in Samsung's 2021 TV line-up explained: Neo QLED vs Crystal UHD vs QLED
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?