Monash University’s 100 per cent Online Data Science Single Units are designed to provide the foundation for professionals to capitalise on all of these key trends in data science.
- 15 April 2015 17:00
Singapore Tech Start-up Alpha7 Appoints Eight Senior Advisors
SINGAPORE, 15 April 2015 – Alpha7, a technology advisory start-up, has appointed eight senior advisors to its consultancy arm. Alpha7 Consultancy provides business, operations, financial & technical expertise, from assessment to advisory. Joining Alpha7 Consultancy are senior professionals Todd Kimpton, Loy Wee Khim, Ambrose Law, Ong Tun Cheng, Randy Sng, Mark Ting, Lu Kee Hong and Joanna Yeoh. Engaged on either a project or retainer business, they bring expertise spanning marketing, sales, business operations, finance and human resource functions.
Lynette Seah, CEO and Founder of Alpha7 said, “The appointment of Todd, Wee Khim, Ambrose, Tun Cheng, Randy, Mark, Kee Hong and Joanna brings vast depth and capability to our consultancy team. We see tremendous opportunity for SMEs and growth start-ups in Singapore, which need to leverage innovation and boost productivity to increase their competitiveness.”
“With the high cost of business in Singapore, particularly in terms of real estate and labour, the need to be more productive is clear. Alpha7 is well positioned to help productivity through leveraging technology. Based on client priorities, constraints and budgets we are able to match the right senior advisor to their business and productivity needs, providing appropriate recommendations, serving as the outsourced right-hand man of the CEO,” concluded Lynette.
The Singapore Business Federation’s (SBF) SME Development Survey 2014 shows that 87% of SMEs are looking to increase productivity, a sharp increase from the 58% in 2013. Raising productivity is also a top cost reducing strategy for 67% of SMEs, up from 32% in 2013.
Alpha7 provides cloud advisory, assessment and technical implementation for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and growth start-ups in Singapore and Southeast Asia. Alpha7 serves businesses across several commercial sectors, including professional services, technology, energy, mobile commerce, medical services and non-profit. It was launched in 2014 by founder Lynette Seah, who was previously Vice President of Finance and Strategy (APAC) at Salesforce.com. Along with Lynette, its board advisory team is helmed by Alvin Kok, ex-head of Cloud Computing Services and Infocomm at SingTel, and Anurag Srivastava, co-founder of Singaporean venture capital firm Jungle Ventures.
In January 2015, Alpha7 spun out Chief Operating Officer as a Service (COOaaS) – a first of its kind business in Asia - as a separate business entity. The company is seeing a period of record growth as it adds new customers and expands the development of the COOaaS platform. Alpha7 has raised S$500k in seed financing. It is in the process of raising Series A funding to support its go-to-market efforts, to continue expansion of the team, including its advisory arm, and business development, marketing and PR.
According to SPRING Singapore, SMEs make up 99% of enterprises in Singapore and contribute to more than 50% of GDP. Their contribution to total enterprise value rose from 30% in the late 1990s to 58% in 2010, employing 67% of all domestic workers, according to Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) estimates. Singapore’s Economic Strategies Committee has targeted three to five percent annual growth from 2010 to 2020. However, MTI data shows that domestic labour productivity fell by 0.8 percent in 2014, the third consecutive year of productivity decline.
Alpha7 Consultancy senior advisors are:
• Todd Kimpton has over 20 years of commercial experience within the Food, Warehouse & Distribution, Software, Manufacturing and Services industries. He has helped over 50 clients across several industries transform their business by successfully moving their core operating systems into cloud based business suite provider, NetSuite. Todd is a member of ACCA & PMI.
• Loy Wee Khim has more than 30 years’ experience in the corporate finance and risk management functions of financial service providers. Her previous roles in HSBC and Bank of China as Team Head provide her insights into the operations of MNCs and SMEs in various industries, ranging from F&B, real estate, commodities to fund management.
• Ambrose Law was Executive Director and Global Chief Finance Officer for the Bank of Singapore until he retired in September 2011. Prior to joining Bank of Singapore, Ambrose served as the Chief Finance Officer, Global Wealth Management, Merrill Lynch, where he covered Merrill's international private banking with well over US$100 billion in assets under management. He is a chartered accountant by profession, with over 30 years’ experience in the financial and banking industry.
• Ong Tun Cheng has worked in multinational corporations as well as in small and medium enterprises such as HP, NUS, Meta, Zayin Capital and Kydon Holdings, with extensive experience in a variety of areas that includes project management, technology management, business development, sales and product management, software and systems development, customer support and training.
• Randy Sng joined the IT industry in 1996 and has worked for Oracle, JD Edwards, Sun Microsystems and IBM. He was a research analyst with IDC Manufacturing Insights and led the Supply Chain Management section. His IT experience includes business, market and industry development, consulting, project management and business solutions advisory.
• Mark Ting has more than 20 years’ experience in global and regional supply chain and logistics management, including at DHL Express, both on the board and management of its China joint venture, as well as in the capacity of Vice President of Strategic Planning and Performance Management in Greater China.
• Lu Kee Hong is a Chartered Accountant of Singapore and a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA), with diverse work experiences in auditing, accounting, finance, credit management, operational controllership, sales and customer services operations, Six Sigma, project management, learning & development, and venture capital areas in Asia Pacific and Greater China roles with PriceWaterhouse Singapore, Texas Instruments Singapore Asia Pacific Division, Motorola Singapore (Asia Pacific and Greater China Division), SST (Shanghai) Limited, Softbank Emerging Market Sdn Bhd.
• Joanna Yeoh has over 20 years of consulting and corporate experience. She has led projects across Asia Pacific delivering human resources and productivity transformation across industries including FMCG, energy trading, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals and professional services.
For more information on the advisory team, please visit: http://www.alpha7.com.sg/senior-business-advisor/.
- END -
Alpha7 is a Singapore-based technology consultancy, providing business, operations, financial & technical expertise, from advisory to assessment, recommendation and implementation. We focus on balancing people, process, and technology with priorities, constraints and budgets. There is a strong correlation between operational efficiency and higher profits. We advocate that business owners, entrepreneurs and CEOs integrate cloud technology in their businesses to drive alignment, efficiency & productivity to scale & grow in the Asia Pacific region. Alpha7 is already working on projects with regional SMEs, start-ups and MNCs in Singapore and Southeast Asia, including Perx, a Singapore based start-up backed by Facebook founder and investor Eduardo Saverin, regional business service provider Boardroom, Indonesian energy companies Carsurin and PT Citra Tubindo, mobile commerce platform Mobikon and medical services provider Parklane Medical, among others. We like to think of ourselves as the outsourced right-hand man of the CEO, working towards a common objective of improving a company’s bottom line by leveraging technology.
COOaaS provides COO expertise to businesses by helping business operations improve profits and fuel growth. It serves as the service and delivery arm of Alpha7, targeting SMEs and growth start-ups with less than 200 employees, with a platform of integrated and connected solutions across marketing, sales, operations, finance and HR. COOaaS empowers CEOs, entrepreneurs and business owners by accelerating technology adoption to transform and grow their business in Singapore and Southeast Asia. Incepted as a service under Alpha7, COOaaS is in the process of being spun out as a separate company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Huawei P30 Pro review: A photography powerhouse that leans into and elevates its natural strengths
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Messy decisions mar smart evolutions
- 4 Dell G7 review: Growing pains
- 5 Nokia 8.1 review: The more things change, the more they stay the same
Join the newsletter!
- 12 custom game modes you should try in Overwatch's new Workshop
- Google breaks up with Huawei, pulls Android license
- A Plague Tale: Innocence review: A grisly, story-driven journey through Medieval France
- Minecraft Earth busts out of the box as a Pokemon Go-inspired mobile AR game
- How to type kaomoji on your PC in Windows 10
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic Lumix S1 review
- Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?