- 7 August 2017 13:28
OnBase by Hyland deployed at Mater Group to digitise health records
South Brisbane, Queensland-based Mater Group deployed OnBase by Hyland – an enterprise information platform – at its seven-hospital organisation to support its move from paper-based to digital patient health records. OnBase helps provide users with instant access to critical patient information, empowering the delivery of superior care as well as enhanced accuracy and efficiency while reducing costs.
Once a labour-intensive process to retrieve paper-based records, Mater Group clinical staff now have concurrent access to vital patient information. Since fully implementing OnBase, there has been a 75 percent reduction in demand for paper-based documents. According to a recent internal survey, Mater Group end users have found it quicker and easier to access patient information when compared to previous paper processes, as well as considering the scanned records to be a benefit to their work practices.
“From preventing the possible loss of paper files and enabling quick and easy access to data, to enhancing patient confidentiality through quality access controls, OnBase has generated a number of benefits,” said Sallyanne Wissmann, Director Information Management, Mater Group. “OnBase has been an integral part of our paperless strategy from day one and is now supporting our fully operational scanning efforts.”
The Mater Group scanning center developed and executed an effective process for its lean staff, which currently captures more than 160,000 pages per week of new clinical documents. OnBase has supported a new level of accuracy and efficiency that has eliminated backlogs and continues to help staff meet the goal of scanning documentation within two business days upon receipt.
“Digitising health records makes a huge impact across the healthcare continuum, from improving patient care and lowering costs to elevating organisational efficiencies,” said Susan deCathelineau, Vice President, Global Healthcare Sales and Services at Hyland. “With Mater’s exciting digital transformation in progress and many more advancements on the horizon, we are happy to support their unlimited potential through OnBase.”
Mater Group first went live with OnBase at its initial site in October 2015 after formulating a set of requirements that included immediate needs for scanning and document capture functionality. The Mater Group’s Information and Technology team identified the need for a scalable and flexible platform to be leveraged in a variety of ways, including governance document policies and back office functions. Further evaluating its organisational digital vison and strategy, the healthcare complex has included an electronic medical record (EMR) system in its technology roadmap.
“We knew that when we selected OnBase that we would be future-proofing our organisation as the technology easily integrates with any system that we could implement as well as its ability to act as a platform for broader content management capabilities,” said Ms Wissmann. “In addition to the technology, we also saw Hyland as a partner that will continue to support us throughout our journey.”
To learn why more than 1,800 organisations across the globe are leveraging OnBase as a strategic enterprise-wide application to elevate access and unite critical information while enhancing patient care and reducing costs, visit OnBase.com/Healthcare.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- This week in games: Civilization III for free, Halloween modes shower treats and tricks
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTInformation Security ManagerOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- CCSolution Engineer - RF/HFC - TelcoVIC
- FTGraduate Developer - C#.Net | SQL | Web ServicesQLD
- CCPlanning & Prioritisation Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager - SAP PPMOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- FTBuild Support OfficerOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCTraining and Support LeadACT
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedVIC
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Director- CloudOther
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- TPAzure DevOps ConsultantNSW
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW