- 7 August 2017 13:28
OnBase by Hyland deployed at Mater Group to digitise health records
South Brisbane, Queensland-based Mater Group deployed OnBase by Hyland – an enterprise information platform – at its seven-hospital organisation to support its move from paper-based to digital patient health records. OnBase helps provide users with instant access to critical patient information, empowering the delivery of superior care as well as enhanced accuracy and efficiency while reducing costs.
Once a labour-intensive process to retrieve paper-based records, Mater Group clinical staff now have concurrent access to vital patient information. Since fully implementing OnBase, there has been a 75 percent reduction in demand for paper-based documents. According to a recent internal survey, Mater Group end users have found it quicker and easier to access patient information when compared to previous paper processes, as well as considering the scanned records to be a benefit to their work practices.
“From preventing the possible loss of paper files and enabling quick and easy access to data, to enhancing patient confidentiality through quality access controls, OnBase has generated a number of benefits,” said Sallyanne Wissmann, Director Information Management, Mater Group. “OnBase has been an integral part of our paperless strategy from day one and is now supporting our fully operational scanning efforts.”
The Mater Group scanning center developed and executed an effective process for its lean staff, which currently captures more than 160,000 pages per week of new clinical documents. OnBase has supported a new level of accuracy and efficiency that has eliminated backlogs and continues to help staff meet the goal of scanning documentation within two business days upon receipt.
“Digitising health records makes a huge impact across the healthcare continuum, from improving patient care and lowering costs to elevating organisational efficiencies,” said Susan deCathelineau, Vice President, Global Healthcare Sales and Services at Hyland. “With Mater’s exciting digital transformation in progress and many more advancements on the horizon, we are happy to support their unlimited potential through OnBase.”
Mater Group first went live with OnBase at its initial site in October 2015 after formulating a set of requirements that included immediate needs for scanning and document capture functionality. The Mater Group’s Information and Technology team identified the need for a scalable and flexible platform to be leveraged in a variety of ways, including governance document policies and back office functions. Further evaluating its organisational digital vison and strategy, the healthcare complex has included an electronic medical record (EMR) system in its technology roadmap.
“We knew that when we selected OnBase that we would be future-proofing our organisation as the technology easily integrates with any system that we could implement as well as its ability to act as a platform for broader content management capabilities,” said Ms Wissmann. “In addition to the technology, we also saw Hyland as a partner that will continue to support us throughout our journey.”
To learn why more than 1,800 organisations across the globe are leveraging OnBase as a strategic enterprise-wide application to elevate access and unite critical information while enhancing patient care and reducing costs, visit OnBase.com/Healthcare.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Elgato Stream Deck review: A streamer's best friend
- Verizon is selling a Miracast dongle for $20
- The best educational software for students
- EVE Valkyrie's Warzone update brings CCP's VR dogfighter to normal monitors
- PCWorld's August Digital Magazine: Intel's Core-i9 Tested
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCustomer Delivery Coordinator / Account ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystSA
- CCDigital Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTCommunications AnalystOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTeCommerce Integration Support LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9ACT
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, CX, TelcoNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - InfrastructureACT
- FTSales/Account Manager - Network & Unified CommsNSW
- FTMarketing Content WriterOther
- CCFleet Management System SpecialistSA
- CCOffice Administration - TelcoVIC
- TPProject Managment (Business Analysis/Project officer)**NSW
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTFront End Software EngineerNSW
- FTPlatform (Infrastructure) ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTSystems Engineer (Wintel) - Midrange L1 & L2ACT
- CCDigital Operations AnalystNSW
- FTIT Development Team LeadNSW
- FTEvents Coordinator (Training & Engagement)Other
- CCResource Management Project ManagerQLD