- 7 August 2017 13:28
OnBase by Hyland deployed at Mater Group to digitise health records
South Brisbane, Queensland-based Mater Group deployed OnBase by Hyland – an enterprise information platform – at its seven-hospital organisation to support its move from paper-based to digital patient health records. OnBase helps provide users with instant access to critical patient information, empowering the delivery of superior care as well as enhanced accuracy and efficiency while reducing costs.
Once a labour-intensive process to retrieve paper-based records, Mater Group clinical staff now have concurrent access to vital patient information. Since fully implementing OnBase, there has been a 75 percent reduction in demand for paper-based documents. According to a recent internal survey, Mater Group end users have found it quicker and easier to access patient information when compared to previous paper processes, as well as considering the scanned records to be a benefit to their work practices.
“From preventing the possible loss of paper files and enabling quick and easy access to data, to enhancing patient confidentiality through quality access controls, OnBase has generated a number of benefits,” said Sallyanne Wissmann, Director Information Management, Mater Group. “OnBase has been an integral part of our paperless strategy from day one and is now supporting our fully operational scanning efforts.”
The Mater Group scanning center developed and executed an effective process for its lean staff, which currently captures more than 160,000 pages per week of new clinical documents. OnBase has supported a new level of accuracy and efficiency that has eliminated backlogs and continues to help staff meet the goal of scanning documentation within two business days upon receipt.
“Digitising health records makes a huge impact across the healthcare continuum, from improving patient care and lowering costs to elevating organisational efficiencies,” said Susan deCathelineau, Vice President, Global Healthcare Sales and Services at Hyland. “With Mater’s exciting digital transformation in progress and many more advancements on the horizon, we are happy to support their unlimited potential through OnBase.”
Mater Group first went live with OnBase at its initial site in October 2015 after formulating a set of requirements that included immediate needs for scanning and document capture functionality. The Mater Group’s Information and Technology team identified the need for a scalable and flexible platform to be leveraged in a variety of ways, including governance document policies and back office functions. Further evaluating its organisational digital vison and strategy, the healthcare complex has included an electronic medical record (EMR) system in its technology roadmap.
“We knew that when we selected OnBase that we would be future-proofing our organisation as the technology easily integrates with any system that we could implement as well as its ability to act as a platform for broader content management capabilities,” said Ms Wissmann. “In addition to the technology, we also saw Hyland as a partner that will continue to support us throughout our journey.”
To learn why more than 1,800 organisations across the globe are leveraging OnBase as a strategic enterprise-wide application to elevate access and unite critical information while enhancing patient care and reducing costs, visit OnBase.com/Healthcare.
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Join the newsletter!
- How to download your Facebook data
- A backpack with a USB charge port and a free Lightning cable is on sale for under $20
- Hands-on: The Atari VCS is a nostalgic mini-PC shrouded in faux wood and mystery
- Why Windows 10 needs a specialized gaming edition
- Corsair Void Pro review: The best wireless gaming headset that won't break the bank
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTSenior .NET Developer / Consultant - Brisbane based (Work from home/client site)QLD
- TPClient Systems TechnicianQLD
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager, Construction UpgradesNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerQLD
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - Contract until 30 June 2018QLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SydneyOther
- CCSenior ERP Project Manager QLD
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerOther
- FTCRM TrainerOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- TPChange Lead | UtilitiesQLD
- FTMS SchedulerOther
- TPAgile Scrum MasterQLD
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - (Mid Level)Other
- CCSCCM Application Packager - BrisbaneNSW
- FTField EngineerOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Security EngineerOther
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD