Being a tech lover does not exclude loving food too!
- 31 May 2018 00:28
Kaltura Acquires Rapt Media
AUSTRALIA – May 30, 2018 - Kaltura, the leading video technology provider, announced today that is has acquired the interactive personalised video startup Rapt Media for an undisclosed amount. Rapt Media’s interactive branching video technology is ideal for personalised marketing, customer education, recruitment, learning and educational video experiences. Viewers are guided through different video paths depending on their behaviour or selection at each level.
The acquisition follows a successful partnership and integration in 2017 among companies - and several joint customer wins including Eli Lilly and Thomson Reuters – and solidifies Kaltura’s role as the leading global provider of interactive video capabilities.
Rapt Media’s impressive roster of customers - including Mercedes, EMC Dell, Alight Solutions, and eBay- will now become Kaltura customers and get access to Kaltura’s wide range of video solutions.
Rapt Media, which was founded in 2011 and raised $12M in funding, offers customers interactive video technology for a range of uses cases. These include:
- For marketing/sales/customer education, viewers are led through a video experience that is personalised to their choice, and is interactive and engaging, creating an emotional commitment to the choices and lengthening the viewing time - In education, students can follow learning paths that are personalised to their level, where their actions, responses and choices influence their learning path. Learning experience becomes more relevant and effective. - For onboarding and recruitment, HR managers can create fun and engaging compatibility videos, welcome videos, training materials, and more, allowing for a highly personalised and customised experience for each viewer, accelerating hiring and onboarding.
“What an honour it is for our vision and technology to be recognized by a video technology powerhouse like Kaltura,” said Erika Trautman, CEO and founder of Rapt Media. “I am excited that Rapt Media customers can now benefit from Kaltura’s wide range of video solutions and easily expand their video strategy to support any use case that may arise today and in the future.”
As Kaltura expands the breadth of its solutions for learning and development as well as customer education and marketing, Rapt Media’s branching video tools are a natural addition to the company’s existing range of video engagement capabilities, including its Interactive Video Quizzes, Editing Tools, In-Video Calls-to-Action, and more.
“We are excited to acquire Rapt Media and incorporate its unique video-branching technology into our portfolio of video solutions for any organization,” said Ron Yekutiel, Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Kaltura. “Video is the most engaging medium, and videos that are personalised and interactive make for the most lean-forward and engaging experiences of them all. As the leading provider of video solutions for any organization, we are leading the charge in video interactivity and personalization and investing heavily (and acquiring) in the areas of smart video analysis, analytics, and AI tools. Our goal is to automate the real-time creation of personalised video and extraction of rich metadata, to optimize their delivery at the right time to the right audience, and to offer them the most engaging video experience”.
“Using tools like Rapt Media’s branching videos, video experiences become personalised, stickier, and more compelling. We are seeing growing demand for these types of video experiences from customers who are looking to better engage their own employees, with content, information and learning, as well as to better engage external viewers, prospects, customers and partners. Rapt Media’s technology is a great fit for both, especially when combined with Kaltura’s enterprise-grade video solutions," added Michal Tsur, Kaltura Co-founder, President and General Manager of Enterprise and Learning.
To learn more and request a demo, visit: https://site.kaltura.com/RAPT_Media_Acquisition.html
Kaltura's mission is to power any video experience and workflow. A recognized leader in the Cloud TV, OVP (Online Video Platform), EdVP (Education Video Platform) and EVP (Enterprise Video Platform) markets, Kaltura has emerged as the fastest growing video platform with the broadest use cases and appeal. Kaltura is deployed globally in thousands of enterprises, media companies, service providers and educational institutions and engages hundreds of millions of viewers at home, in work, and at school. The company is committed to three core values - openness, flexibility, and collaboration - and is the initiator and backer of the world's leading open source video management project, which is home to more than 150,000 community members.
Kaltura’s Enterprise and Learning business unit helps organizations from all industries power video across the organization, both internally – for employees and students, and externally – for customers and partners, live and VOD, on any device. Kaltura offers the tools to create and manage video that can power every department. With Kaltura’s video solutions, organizations can improve communication, drive engagement, share knowledge, increase collaboration boost creativity, and improve learning results. For more information visit www.kaltura.com.
PRecious Communications for Kaltura Inc
Melinda Ilagan / Tan Yanchang
Tel: (65) 6303 0567 Ext 1001
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 2 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
- 3 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 4 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
Join the newsletter!
- Go grab an 8GB Radeon RX 570 for $160 at Newegg and get three free games too
- Battlefield V's War Stories explore lesser-known vignettes from World War II, for the better
- Microsoft offers to kill more (of its own) bloatware with a new Windows 10 build
- How to share books on a Kindle
- Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UA review: A thin, light, and peppy budget laptop with battery life to spare
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?