- 12 October 2018 08:31
RingCentral Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Dimelo, a Leading Digital Customer Engagement Platform
RingCentral, Inc.,(NYSE:RNG), a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications and collaboration solutions, has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Dimelo, a leading cloud-based digital customer engagement platform. Dimelo enables enterprises to manage all their digital customer interactions through a single platform. Dimelo is deployed by leading global organisations such as Allianz, AXA, BNP Paribas, ENGIE, Orange, and Telenor, spanning multiple industries including telecom, financial services, insurance and retail.
Consumers today expect to engage with brands using the digital channels of their choice including mobile and in-app messaging, social media, live chat, email, and community forums. Given this trend, enterprises are rapidly adopting support for various digital channels to enhance customer experience.
“In today’s digital world, engaging with customers over digital channels is crucial to business success,” said Vlad Shmunis, chairman, founder, and CEO, RingCentral. “With Dimelo, consumer-facing enterprises can transform how they engage with their customers. Simply put, Dimelo enables companies to vastly improve their customer interactions by delivering world-class integrated experiences across a multitude of digital channels. We’re excited to welcome the Dimelo team to RingCentral!”
Enterprise transformation to digital communications is accelerating at a rapid pace and is core to customer satisfaction. Dimelo’s AI-based smart routing engine enables agents to efficiently manage customer interactions across digital channels via a single interface.
“With one of the most extensive footprints of digital channels supported in the industry, Dimelo is dedicated to staying at the forefront of customer engagement transformation. Based on the strength of our platform and proven success with major brands, Apple recently chose Dimelo to be one of the early customer service platforms for Apple Business Chat,” said Stéphane Lee, co-founder and CEO, Dimelo. “We are proud to join forces with RingCentral, the #1 cloud communications provider. Together, we will deliver uniquely differentiated solutions worldwide.”
The Dimelo digital customer engagement platform provides the following key capabilities:
● Artificial Intelligence
○ Intelligent Classification Engine (ICE) for optimising message routing
○ Machine-learning for recognising contact patterns, suggesting answers, and filtering out noise
● Extensive range of digital channels and community forums
○ Messaging (Apple Business Chat, Facebook Messenger, WeChat)
○ In-app messaging for iOS and Android mobile apps
○ Social media (Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
○ Live chat and email response management
○ Community forums (inSided, Lithium, phpBB, vBulletin, WordPress)
○ Consumer review platforms (Bazaarvoice, Google My Business, Google Play)
● Integrated customer engagement environment
○ All digital channels managed centrally
○ Automatically recognises 72 languages across all channels
○ Unifies multiple consumer identities across all channels
○ Efficient distribution of interactions to appropriate agents
○ Ensures operational efficiency and traceability of interactions
● Open APIs
○ Ability to integrate third-party chatbots with automatic escalation to agents
○ Allows partners and customers to add their own digital channels
○ Enables integrations with industry-leading CRM, helpdesk, business intelligence, and business process management solutions
The terms of the transaction were not disclosed. The acquisition is expected to close in Q4, 2018 and is not estimated to have a material financial impact for the year ending December 31, 2018.
About Dimelo Dimelo is a leading cloud-based digital customer engagement platform. The Dimelo platform centralises management of all digital channel interactions including mobile and in-app messaging, social media, live chat, email, and community forums, and distributes them automatically to agents based on availability, skills, language, customer profile and more. Dimelo is headquartered in Paris, France.
About RingCentral RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforce to communicate, collaborate, and connect from anywhere, on any device. RingCentral unifies voice, video, team messaging and collaboration, conferencing, online meetings, and integrated contact center solutions. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customise business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, USA and has offices around the world, including Sydney, Australia.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo AX7 review: New looks, same old budget buy
- 2 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
- 3 Samsung Tab S4 review: Freestyle
- 4 Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- 5 Sony WF-SP900 review: One step forward, two steps back
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft Teams taps AI to boost new background, whiteboarding features
- Google's Stadia game-streaming service lets you play games anywhere, if your Internet can handle it
- HP's high-res Reverb VR headset blows the screen door effect off its hinges
- Nvidia's $99 Jetson Nano Developer Kit brings GPU-supercharged AI smarts to maker projects
- RTX on GTX: Nvidia is enabling ray tracing on some GeForce GTX graphics cards
PCW Evaluation Team
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
- Everything we (already) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ and Galaxy F
- Want to play Apex Legends?
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?