AAD S Series
A 5.1 surround sound speaker system that can blast out powerful noise.
- Powerful, lively sound, impressive aesthetics
- Expensive, large
If you have a dedicated home theatre room or have plenty of spare space, the AAD S Series speaker set is a good choice for music or movies.
Price$ 9,182.00 (AUD)
The AAD S Series speaker set is positioned above the entry-level AAD M Series, with a price tag that reflects its premium status. The increase in sound quality is impressive, as is the styling.
The AAD S Series system consists of two floor-standing speakers, two bookshelf speakers, a centre speaker and a subwoofer. The floor-standing models are the S-5 model (at 20kg each they are not easy to move). A 1in tweeter and two 5in woofers give the speakers a frequency response of 35-30,000Hz — making them competent for most music even without an external subwoofer.
The SR-2 bookshelf rear speakers use two sets of tweeters and woofers firing in perpendicular directions to create a wide and immersive soundstage. It is the S160C subwoofer that steals the show though, with a frequency range extending from 160Hz to as low as 23Hz, and offering plenty of adjustability.
The system has a rich wooden finish with accents of matte black plastic. There are no striking design elements or brushed metal, but we appreciate the simple, curved look of the enclosures and think that they would suit a wide variety of décor. With the speaker grills attached they look unobtrusive and will not attract undue attention.
What is worthy of attention, though, is the sound that the AAD S Series speakers produce. We set the system up with a Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray disc player and ran through a few of the aerial combat scenes of Pearl Harbour, as well as a few helicopter scenes from The Guardian to check out bass response.
It was immediately evident that the speakers are capable of delivering high levels of low, booming bass without overpowering other frequencies. Mid-range dialogue and movie soundtrack notes are still lively and present — the centre speaker’s mid-range focus means that dialogue is easily heard even in busy scenes. We found treble notes to be slightly recessed, giving the system a bass-rich sound.
Where this system excels is in its headroom and its ability to be powered at high volumes. From the lowest volumes to literally room-shaking levels of power, the AAD S Series speakers maintain their composure and even frequency response — a definite bonus if you listen to your blockbuster movies at cinema volumes.
If you can afford it, the AAD S series 5.1 home theatre speaker system will be sure to put a smile on your face, with clear, warm sound and plenty of power.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCDelivery Lead - Process Transformation (Six Sigma) - Telco in Pennant HIllsNSW
- FTEllipse DeveloperQLD
- FTAsset and Configuration ManagerSA
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCBusiness Improvement Specialist (Six Sigma Green belt) - Contract - North SydneyNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity System AnalystOther
- FTHadoop DeveloperWA
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTCustomer & Sales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCProject AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps Automation SME - Telco ClientVIC
- FTCustomer Service Consultant / Incident Management - TelcoOther
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - (Urgent)Other
- TPLead Solutions Architect - SAP SuccessFactorsQLD
- FTFront End Developer l HTML5 , SCSS, Bootstrap, KnockOut, MVVPNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther