Abbyy PDF Transformer 1.0
Price$ None (AUD)
Hard on the heels on ScanSoft PDF Convertor 2.0 comes a rival. PDF Transformer's brief is identical: to take a PDF document, extract its contents and save them in an editable form, preserving the layout and formatting of the original as closely as possible.
PDF Transformer has a few advantages over ScanSoft's offering. It can, for example, save in Excel, HTML and ASCII text as well as Word. Installation is simple enough, but Abbyy programs now feature product activation. The software itself is wizard-based. Simply browse to the PDF you want to convert and PDF Transformer then whirrs away, converting the file into one of the four file formats. It also installs itself as a plug-in for Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer, so you can perform conversions from inside your main applications.
As with PDF Convertor, Transformer appears to work quite slowly - a 59-page PDF conversion took over 15 minutes on a 1GHz PC, but that's OCR (optical character recognition) for you.
Conversion fidelity is also on a par with its rival - good, but not perfect. But bread-and-butter stuff, such as multicolumn layouts and close font matching, was carried out with aplomb. PDF Transformer carries the same price tag as its rival and offers a similar feature set, with the advantage of a wider range of output formats.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Financial and Billing systemsVIC
- FTAdministration SupportOther
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- FTTechnical writerNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTCRM Business Analysis Senior ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTExchange EngineerACT
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Java DevelopersACT
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - ERP SystemsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - 3 Days/WeekOther
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager, Product Launch, TelcoNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- FTBilling Consultant - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSecurity Consultant - Security SDMNSW
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager - EDRMS ImplementationOther
- TPProgram Support OfficerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Incident Management SystemsOther
- FT2 x Python Developers - FinTech/TradingOther