Abit Computer Fatal1ty AA8XE motherboard
- Easy installation, Superior heat resistance, No evidence of instability
- None to speak of.
This board should capture the imagination of the gaming market, thanks to its cooling innovations, fast specs and red-illuminated edges.
Price$ 420.00 (AUD)
This motherboard squarely targets gamers who want to build a powerful and intimidating rig.
It uses the 925XE chipset from Intel, which means it will accommodate Pentium 4 processors that have a 1066MHz frontside bus, DDR2 memory modules, PCI Express graphics, up to four SATA hard drives and dual network connections. It has all the peripheral connectivity you would expect of a board in this class, although only one parallel ATA port is provided.
The focus of the AA8XE is robustness. ABIT claims that each board is put through the wringer to ensure rock-solid stability (something we can attest to having witnessed first-hand in the component temperature testing rooms at ABIT's development headquarters). It's apparent that this board has undergone extensive engineering to combat heat issues, and this manifests primarily around the CPU, where dual extraction fans, heat sinks and a fan-shroud have been used to cool the MOSFETs (metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistors). According to ABIT's research, these transistors become among the hottest running components during strenuous periods of system use.
In addition, ABIT has strategically placed copper strips underneath the CPU area to draw heat away from the circuit board itself, and a rigid fan assembly has been created to cool the memory modules. All fans are controlled by the mGuru utility, which also monitors system temperatures.
Installation was a breeze, although we did have to remove the fan shroud to gain access to the mounting hole in the top-left corner of the board.
We then tested this board for a full work day with strenuous 2D and 3D workloads and, as hoped, found no evidence of instability or heat-related issues.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- G.SKILL Releases New AMD Compatible Trident Z RGB kits
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ BackupNSW
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- CCLead Service Designer - CANBERRA BASEDVIC
- CCSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- CCPenetration Test AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Digital MortgagesNSW
- FTProject Manager unique start up opportunity.NSW
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst - HR SystemsOther
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTCommunications Manager- Organisational Change ManagementOther
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW