Abit Computer RX700 Pro
- Performs reasonably well
- Only 128MB of memory, no extras
It's a little cheaper than comparable cards, but its performance is not quite up to scratch.
Price$ 279.00 (AUD)
This card has a memory capacity of 128MB of GDDR3, which is half the capacity of many other cards that use the same processor. It is based on the ATI Radeon X700 PRO GPU, and its clock speeds are 425MHz for the GPU and 866MHz for the memory.
The cooling solution on the chip is an active one, meaning it has a fan as well as a heat sink on its GPU, but the memory chips do not have any heat sinks attached. In our tests, its performance was slightly lower than other 256MB X700 PRO-based cards.
Installation was very simple using the auto-run CD-ROM, and the card ran reliably and relatively quietly throughout our tests.
The card does not ship with any games nor any extra utilities, but it does have video-out capabilities and a DVI port, and ships with composite and S-Video cables as well as a DVI-VGA adapter. Its price tag is lower than the other cards in its class, but comparatively, its performance scores and the lack of a gaming bundle do not make it an attractive purchase. There is also a 256MB version of this card available.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- HTC Desire 12 release date, price and specs
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Radeon Software Brings Faster, Smoother Performance to the World’s Most Popular eSports Titles, Thanks to AMD’s Project ReSX
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- CCSharePoint 2013 DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Support AnalystOther
- CCDatabase Systems Specialist-BathurstNSW
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationNSW
- TPSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorQLD
- FTIT Support - Level 3NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Financial Services | $880/dayQLD
- CCSite Reliability Engineer (SRE)QLD
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystVIC
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTL2 Security Network EngineerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTGRC and Security Project ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst- Continuous Improvemen/Productivity SpecialistOther
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTDocument ControllerSA
- FTSenior API/Integration DeveloperOther