Abit Computer X600 Pro Guru
- Overclocking jumper
- Slower than other cards
The jumper adds novelty, but ultimately this card is outperformed by the competition. Worth considering for a budget system but not much else.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
While this card is based on the X600 Pro chip, it has a feature that have not seen on other cards: a jumper setting that can be manipulated to make the GPU run at X600 XT speeds. The GPU/memory clocks are set at 405MHz/512MHz by default, but when the jumper is enabled, the GPU clock soars to 500MHz, while the memory stays the same. This is what ABIT calls turbo mode, and while we did see an increase of 4 to 6 frames per second across all tests when it was switched on, this card's performance was nevertheless much slower than many cards reviewed in this section, most likely due to its slower memory clock. Changing the jumper setting would require reinstalling the graphics driver.
An active cooling solution is located atop the GPU of this card and it is quiet during operation, but its 256MB of memory does not have any cooling devices.
This card is inexpensive and ships with PowerDVD 5 as well as a software overclocking utility. It does have both standard VGA and DVI outputs, so it can be used in multiple monitor environments, and it also has TV-Out support. Cables for these functions are supplied.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- FTSocial Media SpecialistOther
- FTProject Manager - Rail , Develop Strategy. Need RISI cardOther
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)SA
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- CCScrum Master - BrisbaneVIC
- FTDevops Engineer X 2 positionsOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- FTSystems ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- FTWeb DesignerOther
- CCDeployment ManagerNSW
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW