Abit Computer X600 Pro Guru
- Overclocking jumper
- Slower than other cards
The jumper adds novelty, but ultimately this card is outperformed by the competition. Worth considering for a budget system but not much else.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
While this card is based on the X600 Pro chip, it has a feature that have not seen on other cards: a jumper setting that can be manipulated to make the GPU run at X600 XT speeds. The GPU/memory clocks are set at 405MHz/512MHz by default, but when the jumper is enabled, the GPU clock soars to 500MHz, while the memory stays the same. This is what ABIT calls turbo mode, and while we did see an increase of 4 to 6 frames per second across all tests when it was switched on, this card's performance was nevertheless much slower than many cards reviewed in this section, most likely due to its slower memory clock. Changing the jumper setting would require reinstalling the graphics driver.
An active cooling solution is located atop the GPU of this card and it is quiet during operation, but its 256MB of memory does not have any cooling devices.
This card is inexpensive and ships with PowerDVD 5 as well as a software overclocking utility. It does have both standard VGA and DVI outputs, so it can be used in multiple monitor environments, and it also has TV-Out support. Cables for these functions are supplied.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Radeon Software Brings Faster, Smoother Performance to the World’s Most Popular eSports Titles, Thanks to AMD’s Project ReSX
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior UX Digital Developer, Digital Design DevelopmentOther
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTOpenEdge DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Start JUNE 18QLD
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCDevOps ArchitectACT
- FTUX/UI DesignerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - INFRASTRUCTURENSW
- CCGIS AnalystWA
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork SpecialistACT
- FTApplication Support SpecialistOther
- FTAPI Developer | Full stackOther
- FTPrinciple Health Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - Syd / MelbNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Process Improvement AnalystQLD
- FT1st Level Technical SupportVIC
- TPChange Lead | UtilitiesQLD