Acer Aspire 1802WSM
- High performance, lots of options, 17' screen
The Acer is a powerful notebook, capable of operating as a media centre PC.
Price$ 3,048.00 (AUD)
Wielding PCI Express graphics (in the form of ATI's 64MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon X600) in combination with a 3GHz Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor and 512MB of dual channel PC2700 DDR SDRAM pushed the Acer Aspire to impressive heights of performance during our testing. It returned high scores of 10358 in 3DMark 2001, 284 in SYSMark 2001 and 76 in PC WorldBench 5.
The 1802WSM comes with a 60GB 4200rpm hard disk plus a dual-format DVD burner. A built-in TV tuner is optional.
The Acer is capable of playing DVDs, VCDs and MP3 music without booting into Windows. Using a fast-boot Linux-based mode (controlled via front fascia buttons), it can play back discs without the need to boot the full OS. This all looks a treat on the 17" display. The Acer can be controlled with the bundled wireless remote.
We liked the underside subwoofer and that Acer used the entire length of the notebook to implement a dedicated number pad (which is great for everything from accounts to gaming).
We also liked the integrated multi-card reader, S-Video TV-out port and the amount of peripheral and network connection options. Wireless networking is optional. The Acer Aspire 1802WSM is a strong offering with a one-year warranty (and two-hour turnaround guaranteed in capital cities).
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTGraduate Inside Sales Consultant - SMSF SolutionsOther
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Business Project Manager, MediaOther
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceQLD
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Minchinbury NSWOther
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - 3D, VR, WebGLNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro services URGENTOther
- FTTest Specialist - Automation ToolsQLD
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointVIC
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- FTSAP Integration ManagerOther
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- FTProject OfficerOther
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTIT GraduateACT