Acer Aspire 1802WSM
- High performance, lots of options, 17' screen
The Acer is a powerful notebook, capable of operating as a media centre PC.
Price$ 3,048.00 (AUD)
Wielding PCI Express graphics (in the form of ATI's 64MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon X600) in combination with a 3GHz Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor and 512MB of dual channel PC2700 DDR SDRAM pushed the Acer Aspire to impressive heights of performance during our testing. It returned high scores of 10358 in 3DMark 2001, 284 in SYSMark 2001 and 76 in PC WorldBench 5.
The 1802WSM comes with a 60GB 4200rpm hard disk plus a dual-format DVD burner. A built-in TV tuner is optional.
The Acer is capable of playing DVDs, VCDs and MP3 music without booting into Windows. Using a fast-boot Linux-based mode (controlled via front fascia buttons), it can play back discs without the need to boot the full OS. This all looks a treat on the 17" display. The Acer can be controlled with the bundled wireless remote.
We liked the underside subwoofer and that Acer used the entire length of the notebook to implement a dedicated number pad (which is great for everything from accounts to gaming).
We also liked the integrated multi-card reader, S-Video TV-out port and the amount of peripheral and network connection options. Wireless networking is optional. The Acer Aspire 1802WSM is a strong offering with a one-year warranty (and two-hour turnaround guaranteed in capital cities).
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSoftware Engineer /.NET Developer - based in PerthWA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Lotus Notes to O365VIC
- CCProcurement Specialist - PathologyNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistQLD
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- CCFull Stack .NET / Angular Developer with UX/UINSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerSA
- TPIT Project Support & Finance OffcerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- TPProject Manager. Software Service.NSW
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperQLD
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTWLM Hanna Data ModellersACT
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- TPLead Engineer - .Net / XamarinQLD
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTProject Officer / Project Scheduler - Gold Coast BasedOther
- FTAngularJS DeveloperOther