Acer Extensa 3002WLM
- Multiformat DVD burner, great application performance.
- Crummy graphics performance.
Acer's Extensa 3302WLM is suitable for budget buyers looking for a good-looking notebook with a wide screen and DVD burning.
Price$ 2,199.00 (AUD)
Acer's low-cost Extensa range is perfect for the budget and educational markets. Acer has reduced costs on this particular 3000 series configuration by omitting Wi-Fi and accelerated graphics--however, these remain options.
The stylish 3002WLM has a 15.4" wide aspect display with a maximum resolution of 1280 x 800, driven by Intel Extreme Graphics 2 graphics (part of the 855GME chipset) that can steal up to 64MB from main memory.
Core specifications include an Intel Pentium M processor running at 1.6GHz, 256MB of 333MHz PC-2700 DDR SDRAM, a 4200rpm 40GB hard disk, multiformat DVD writer, S-Video TV-Out, FireWire and three USB 2.0 ports. One Type II PC Card is supported and cursor control is via a touchpad with scrolling button. Acer pre-installs Windows XP Home, its own custom software (covering boot order, power management and system settings) in addition to Acer Aspire Arcade 3.0 multimedia playback. It also bundles NTI CD & DVD-Maker 6.5 software and CyberLink PowerProducer 2 Gold for video authoring.
This brings us to one of the key advantages of this model: Acer has included a multiformat DVD burner as standard.
Our SYSMark 2001 benchmark returned 247 on the Acer, which is excellent for a sub-$2500 notebook. If you don't have a lot to spend, want a notebook that looks good, has a wide screen and can burn DVDs, this could be for you.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Writer - Cloud HostingVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTSenior Tester - HardwareOther
- FTWorkforce Analyst | Scheduler | Calendar ManagementOther
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceWA
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCWindows 10 Deployment Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTAgile CoachVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- TPAudio Visual Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTLinux DevOps EngineerOther
- FTService Desk Analyst (Night Shift)Other
- FTClient Services OfficerOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- TPPHP DeveloperWA