Acer Iconia Tab A200 Android tablet
Acer Iconia Tab A200 review: Acer aims to compete on price with the $349 Iconia Tab A200, a 10.1 Android tablet
- Competitive price
- Clean and elegant design
- Ring interface a nice touch
- Only 8GB storage
- Screen has poor viewing angles
- No 3G connectivity option
Don't let the Acer Iconia Tab A200's budget price fool you. For less than it's $350 asking price you'll get an Android tablet that does what most other Android tablets will. The dull screen and relatively small hard drive are downsides, but considering the price tag, these are both faults we can live with.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Acer is attempting to use price as its major drawcard for its latest Android tablet, the Iconia Tab A200. Retailing for what the company describes as a "very affordable price" of $349, the 10.1in Iconia Tab A200 is significantly cheaper than most of its rivals, making it good value for money in an otherwise overpriced category.
Acer Iconia Tab A200: Design and display
The Iconia Tab A200 is effectively a cheaper version of the Iconia Tab A500, Acer's first Android tablet. If you place the two tablets side-by-side, however, you'd be hard pressed to tell which one is the inexpensive model. The Iconia Tab A200 has a cleaner looking and more elegant feel than its industrial looking predecessor. The rounded edges, well placed buttons and smooth angles aid its visual appeal, while the soft feeling plastic on the back makes it comfortable to hold. Unfortunately, the excellent materials and build quality are compromised by a hefty weight — at 700g, the Iconia Tab A200 is one of the heavier Android tablets on the market.
On the left side of the Acer Iconia Tab A200 you'll find a power button, a micro-USB port for connecting the device to a PC or Mac, a standard headphone jack and a full-sized USB port. There's also a microSD card slot and a reset button, but these are hidden by an incredibly difficult to remove plastic cover, without a doubt the most questionable design decision on Acer's part. A volume button and screen rotation lock slider are on top and a port to charge the tablet is on the right side. Small but nifty touches — such as the tiny LED indicator on the power button and the raised indents on the volume button — add positives to the overall user experience.
The Acer Iconia A200 has a 10.1 capacitive LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 1280x800. The screen is relatively responsive and clear, but it has extremely poor viewing angles. Sunlight legibility is also an issue as we found it difficult to read the screen outdoors. The Iconia A200 also lacks the vivid brightness of many competitors, such as the AMOLED screen of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, for example.
Next page: Software, performance and battery life
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCPerl Developer - DevOpsNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Delivery ManagerOther
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCHR / Org. Development Business Analyst - Large Telco Contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTSales Manager - Global ISP Cloud Solutions ProviderVIC
- CCNetwork Security - DNSVIC
- FTSolution Architect- SAP S/4 HANA - Orange NSWOther
- FTSQL Developer / Data AnalystOther
- CCCISCO Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer C++ - Financial Services - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Office 365 Project)Other
- FTTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9NSW
- TPSystem AnalystACT
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? Storage & BackupsVIC
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerSA
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Multiple OpportunitiesQLD
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Health - 12+ month contractQLD
- FTPerformance and Capacity Management SpecialistOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC