- Cheap, Solid picture quality
- Noticeable Rainbow Effect
$1299 is well priced for a projector, and despite the PD100's drawbacks, it performs exceptionally well as an all purpose business projector.
Price$ 1,299.00 (AUD)
Weighing just 2.17Kgs, the Acer PD100 is a great projector for anyone on the move. Its small form factor (230x238x123 mm), resolution of 1280x1024 and built-in speaker make this an extremely versatile, multi-function unit, but it is definitely not for your home theatre aficionados.
Using the DLP projection system, the PD100 suffers a bit from the "rainbow effect", an artifact that appears as a multi-colour shimmer when watching videos with a lot of motion, or change in focus. Nevertheless, the picture quality is fairly good despite the small amount of "screen door effect" (when fine lines separating the pixels are visible on the projection) at up to 2m distance. The lamp life is rated at 2000 hours with a replacement lamp costing around $399.
The sound produced from the single internal speaker, with a low 2W of power, is merely sufficient. Set to its highest level there is significant distortion. However, it is loud enough and clear enough for an entire room to hear if required. And if you are broadcasting to a whole room, Acer has included a laser pointer on the remote. Acer claims its screen sizes can vary from anywhere between 88cm to 7.75m diagonally, from throw distances of 1.5m to 12m respectively.
Our tests using a mid-range throw of 5m delivered a nice 2.5m display. The projector's image is fairly visible in bright indoor light conditions, but outdoor daylight viewing is not recommended.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Win an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 2012 PC World Media Usage survey
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTMobile Applications DeveloperACT
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTCustomer Support OfficerSA
- FTBI DeveloperQLD
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- FTIT GraduateACT
- CCMS Project Server DevelopersACT
- FTNon - Functional Test LeadOther
- FTEnvironment/ Town PlannerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCProduct Owner - TelcoVIC
- FTDesign Delivery Manager - Civil Engineering Background X2Other
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- CCMainframe DeveloperWA
- CCDataStage DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsOther
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTAdministrator - Network InfrastructureOther