- Cheap, Solid picture quality
- Noticeable Rainbow Effect
$1299 is well priced for a projector, and despite the PD100's drawbacks, it performs exceptionally well as an all purpose business projector.
Price$ 1,299.00 (AUD)
Weighing just 2.17Kgs, the Acer PD100 is a great projector for anyone on the move. Its small form factor (230x238x123 mm), resolution of 1280x1024 and built-in speaker make this an extremely versatile, multi-function unit, but it is definitely not for your home theatre aficionados.
Using the DLP projection system, the PD100 suffers a bit from the "rainbow effect", an artifact that appears as a multi-colour shimmer when watching videos with a lot of motion, or change in focus. Nevertheless, the picture quality is fairly good despite the small amount of "screen door effect" (when fine lines separating the pixels are visible on the projection) at up to 2m distance. The lamp life is rated at 2000 hours with a replacement lamp costing around $399.
The sound produced from the single internal speaker, with a low 2W of power, is merely sufficient. Set to its highest level there is significant distortion. However, it is loud enough and clear enough for an entire room to hear if required. And if you are broadcasting to a whole room, Acer has included a laser pointer on the remote. Acer claims its screen sizes can vary from anywhere between 88cm to 7.75m diagonally, from throw distances of 1.5m to 12m respectively.
Our tests using a mid-range throw of 5m delivered a nice 2.5m display. The projector's image is fairly visible in bright indoor light conditions, but outdoor daylight viewing is not recommended.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Full stack Developer (Java)ACT
- FTAngularJS DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTLead Project Manager -Office Fit out & AccommodationOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- CCSenior Internet Services EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid Developer - 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Product MigrationOther
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- TPManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTL&D Developer - Trainer - eLearning SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior level .NET DeveloperACT
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTMobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorACT
- FTWeb Application Developer - NodeJSOther
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCDatapower DeveloperACT