Acer TravelMate 3010
- Solid performance
- Screen distorted when flexed
For its size and price this Acer is a great purchase. It has a strong selection of connectivity options crammed into a small package and good battery life as well.
Price$ 2,699.00 (AUD)
Good things do come in small packages, at least in the case of Acer's TravelMate 3010, which has all you need for a reasonable price. It's lightweight (1.6kg without power supply and with standard battery) but sturdy, though the screen displayed some distortion when flexed. Contrast levels weren't great on the 12.1in (1280x800) screen, especially from angles, but otherwise fine to view.
It comes with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, easy navigation buttons and a screen-mounted 1.3Mp (megapixel) camera that swivels 180 degrees. It also has a cleverly designed 5-in-1 media card reader that takes up one card slot. The TravelMate 3010 also manages to accommodate a wide range of ports. The unit's small form factor is aided by the exclusion of an internal optical drive. However, a FireWire connected Super-Multi DVD-RW (dual-layer) is included.
The unit scored well in our WorldBench 5 benchmark, achieving above average results in many tests. The overall result of 81 was good for an Intel 1.66GHz Core Duo CPU with only 512MB of RAM (533MHz) and an Intel 945GM graphics chipset. Unfortunately, the smaller (3-cell, 200g) battery that came with our unit was faulty, but we ran MobileMark 2002 on the supplied larger (6-cell, 350g) battery which lasted 210mins, while our worst case scenario test (playing a DVD) lasted 138mins.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Technical / Team LeadOther
- TP.Net ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- FTSCCM consultantVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End UI Web DeveloperOther
- CCGraph Database Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTTest Team LeadOther
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change & Deployment SpecialistVIC
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther
- CCNon-Functional Test ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Transformation ConsultantOther
- FTMid Level .NET Developer (Full Stack, Back End focus) - C#Other
- FTApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther