Acronis ANZ Privacy Expert Suite 8.0
As a standard spyware stopper, Acronis is simple to use - but it isn't exactly revolutionary. The secure deletion facility will be of use to the paranoid or those looking to wipe old hardware before disposing of it, but could be considered overkill for everyday use.
Price$ None (AUD)
Like antivirus and firewall software, spyware protection is an essential tool in the avid internet-surfer's armoury. Like it or not, spend a fair amount of time online and at some point you're going to pick up some spyware - hidden applications that secretly monitor your activities and send them back to the mothership without your permission.
The market is awash with antispyware products, including some solid free offerings. Acronis has attempted to stand out from the crowd by combining file shredding with spyware detection and eradication.
Delete a file in Windows and it may be gone from view, but traces of it remain on your hard drive. The standard delete operation merely marks the area of the disk as free space that can subsequently be used. The data contained in the file will remain until the area is actually used to store something else.
Privacy Expert combats this with eight different methods of wiping the data - from simply overwriting the space with zeros to writing random data to the affected area 35 times. This ensures there's no chance of the information being recovered.
This data-destruction process can be applied to your internet history, system data, application activity, individual files or even entire hard drives. The latter is useful if you intend to sell or give away an old PC or drive.
Spyware detection consists of the standard system scan, which looks for any programs already installed, combined with monitoring to prevent new ones climbing onboard. A year's worth of spyware updates is included. Further cover costs more, although at this stage it isn't clear how much.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCUser Experience DesignerSA
- FTSecurity Consultant / Snr Security Consultant - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- TPQuality ManagerQLD
- FTHFC Project Manager (Delivery) - ContractVIC
- FTSenior Applications Specialist - Developer (Cerner)QLD
- FTEPMO Support AnalystWA
- FTAgile Business AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - Aruba/PaloAltoWA
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerOther
- FTSoftwares Support AnalystOther
- CCUser Interface DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior React DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- CCService Desk :Team LeadWA
- FTLead Java Developer- DevOpsOther
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Multiple OpportunitiesQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- TPChange ManagerACT