Last year, Australians lost more than $2.8 million (AUD) in fake ATO scams
Acronis ANZ True Image 8
Unlike Ghost 9.0, True Image works with any version of Windows. It is also extremely user-friendly.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
There's lots of backup and imaging utilities out there, but few are as easy to use as this one. Not only can you clone a complete drive, but restoring the mirror image of your data is a piece of cake.
Acronis True Image 8.0 generates a self-install executable-based backup that'll run from a Linux-based boot disk, either a floppy or a CD-R.
The program can copy data on to almost any PC storage device: local hard drives, PC Card, removable media drives, network drives, recordable CD/DVD, optical and Zip drives. This version doesn't work with imaging to tape drives, however; that's only supported by the server version.
For the ultimate in reassurance, you can both verify your backup image and save it in a secure zone, away from any possible operating system corruption. Saved images can be updated incrementally and even mounted as another drive letter if you need to get at a file. Backups can also be scheduled.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG V50 ThinQ 5G review: Two bad
- 2 Oppo Reno 5G review: Big Deal
- 3 Huawei P30 review: How badly do you need a headphone jack?
- 4 Moto G7 Plus review: Better where it counts
- 5 TP-Link Deco M4 review: Expansion pack
Latest News Articles
- Apple Music is now streaming on Alexa in Australia & New Zealand
- Windows Lite: what it is and when it might be released
- CBA capitulates, will support Apple Pay next year
- Intel unveils the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2
- Fetch TV expands with Aussie Broadband
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Best Australian Amazon Prime Day deals
- Oppo Reno 5G review: Big Deal
- Everything you need to know before you buy a 5G phone in Australia
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?