Actinic Catalog 9.0
- Useful wizards make setting up a shop straightforward, PayPal integration, ability to use Google Analytics,
- It takes a long time to master all the options available
For the majority of users looking to run a single Web shop and who want more features than the standard stores offered by many ISPs, Actinic Catalog 9.0 is an excellent piece of software. Unless you need advanced payment and authorisation procedures (in which case Actinic Business is recommended), this will do everything that you need.
Price$ 1,250.00 (AUD)
Actinic is one of the longest-standing e-commerce packages around, and its maturity means that Actinic Catalog 9.0 is a program that can do just about anything your business requires to sell online.
The interface for Actinic Catalog version 9.0 has been modified considerably: when it launches, the Start Here panel provides a series of buttons for common tasks, and when you enter the main program you will see some new buttons.
Actinic Catalog 9.0's Startup Wizard simplifies the process of setting up a new shop by taking you through the process step by step. The Network Setup Wizard has also been improved to configure your shop for most Web servers, including those running on Windows.
The Design Wizard, available in all versions of Actinic, is an addition that will make Actinic Catalog 9.0 easier for new users when customising a site. Also new to this release is a Product Options Wizard that takes designers through the process of setting stock and price options.
As with earlier releases, Actinic Catalog 9.0 offers a series of options for adding products to a store, selecting payment options (now with better integration with PayPal, although you will need the Business version of Actinic's software to perform credit card payments offline), and selecting a theme and template to modify the overall look and feel.
It's simple (assuming that you know such things as details for your payment processor) to populate a store fairly easily — although be warned that the sheer wealth of options available could take you a long time to master if you so wish.
In addition to the tools required to create your store, Actinic Catalog 9.0 includes a range of marketing and promotional add-ons. You can set up best seller or new product listings on your home page, as well as make recommendations based on previous items and offer discounts to different customers, such as those paying trade prices.
One useful new feature is the ability to use Google Analytics to see where customers have come from and track product lines.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDomain Architect - AWS / AzureOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTOffice Manager | Start-up | Global Cloud ProviderVIC
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)NSW
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- FTChange Manager, SAPConnect TransformationOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Service DeskSA
- FTWindows Server EngineerOther
- TPEL1 Business AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTServiceNow Solution SpecialistOther
- FTManager, PortfolioOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSolution Architect - CloudOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther