Actinic Catalog 9.0
- Useful wizards make setting up a shop straightforward, PayPal integration, ability to use Google Analytics,
- It takes a long time to master all the options available
For the majority of users looking to run a single Web shop and who want more features than the standard stores offered by many ISPs, Actinic Catalog 9.0 is an excellent piece of software. Unless you need advanced payment and authorisation procedures (in which case Actinic Business is recommended), this will do everything that you need.
Price$ 1,250.00 (AUD)
Actinic is one of the longest-standing e-commerce packages around, and its maturity means that Actinic Catalog 9.0 is a program that can do just about anything your business requires to sell online.
The interface for Actinic Catalog version 9.0 has been modified considerably: when it launches, the Start Here panel provides a series of buttons for common tasks, and when you enter the main program you will see some new buttons.
Actinic Catalog 9.0's Startup Wizard simplifies the process of setting up a new shop by taking you through the process step by step. The Network Setup Wizard has also been improved to configure your shop for most Web servers, including those running on Windows.
The Design Wizard, available in all versions of Actinic, is an addition that will make Actinic Catalog 9.0 easier for new users when customising a site. Also new to this release is a Product Options Wizard that takes designers through the process of setting stock and price options.
As with earlier releases, Actinic Catalog 9.0 offers a series of options for adding products to a store, selecting payment options (now with better integration with PayPal, although you will need the Business version of Actinic's software to perform credit card payments offline), and selecting a theme and template to modify the overall look and feel.
It's simple (assuming that you know such things as details for your payment processor) to populate a store fairly easily — although be warned that the sheer wealth of options available could take you a long time to master if you so wish.
In addition to the tools required to create your store, Actinic Catalog 9.0 includes a range of marketing and promotional add-ons. You can set up best seller or new product listings on your home page, as well as make recommendations based on previous items and offer discounts to different customers, such as those paying trade prices.
One useful new feature is the ability to use Google Analytics to see where customers have come from and track product lines.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Monster Hunter World review
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPPurchasing Officer - SAPWA
- FTICT Infrastructure Support (Level 2 / 3)Other
- FTProgram Manager - SAP Asset ManagementOther
- FTSharePoint O365 - Application SupportOther
- FTMid-level UX DesignerOther
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPManual Test AnalystQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- TPEL1 Systems AdminACT
- FTOnsite Support EngineerOther
- CCEDRMS SpecialistACT
- FTWindows 10 Deployment ManagerOther
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearning SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Data AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTData ScientistOther
- CCFront-End Developer (React)NSW
- FTWeb Application Developer - NodeJSOther
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- CCSenior Storage AdministratorACT
- FTGraduate Data Scientist/ Data AnalystVIC