Activision Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Graphics are outstanding. Visually one of the best Xbox 360 games around. Single-player campaign is deep and satisfying. Concerns about the mode's length are assuaged by its overall quality. Multiplayer component offers a wealth of features. It should prove to be outstanding once the servers become fully populated. The move to a modernised setting makes the franchise relevant again.
- We couldn't find anything. Seriously, we tried to find something wrong with this game but we couldn't. But if we do, we'll let you know.
We seriously cannot think of a single flaw in CoD4, and trust us, we looked for them. From the amazing graphics to the intense and compelling single-player campaign to the feature loaded and addictive multiplayer, this game has it all. The holiday season will be jammed pack with quality triple-A titles but this is one title we personally recommend you put at the top of your wishlist.
Price$ 109.95 (AUD)
Infinity Ward brings the critically acclaimed Call of Duty franchise out of the World War II trenches with a modernised update that does just about everything right! Get ready to enter the fray with our review of Call of Duty 4!
War truly is hell. Anyone who has experienced military conflict firsthand can tell you that. Thankfully, most of us have never had to crawl in the muck of a battlefield or exchange gunfire with an enemy; it is an experience that few of us could handle, both physically and psychologically.
There are countless numbers of books, movies and video games that allow us to experience the horrors of war from the safety of our living rooms. Done right, these fictional depictions not only showcase everything that is good about war -- the camaraderie that exists between soldiers and their selfless heroism, for example -- but they also serve as a powerful reminder of just how damaging and terrible war can be.
No developer has had more success in recreating the tension and terror of a battlefield than Infinity Ward. Its founding members helped define the World War II genre with the groundbreaking Medal of Honor: Allied Assault while the first title developed under the Infinity Ward label, Call of Duty, cemented their reputation as one of the most skilled and talented development houses around.
After three titles set in the war torn battlefields of the past, Infinity Ward is taking a decidedly modern approach with Call of Duty 4.
So what is it about Call of Duty 4 that makes it stand out from the rest of the pack? For starters, the intense single-player campaign offers up an action packed experience that features a tremendously compelling narrative; there are moments in the game that will send chills down your spine.
Then you add in the amazingly deep multiplayer that rivals Halo 3's in terms of reach and scope. Suffice it to say, if you are an online shooter junkie, Christmas has come early for you this year.
So click through to the next page and get ready to read our detailed field report on the latest instalment in what has quickly become the premiere war franchise in all of gaming!
Join the newsletter!
Foreign exchange (forex) trading is a rapidly-growing in popularity with individual investors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X review: Damn.
- 2 Dell G5 review: An easy-to-live-with laptop that's light on thrills but more than capable of getting the job done
- 3 HAVIT G1W True Wireless Earbuds review: Budget buds with a wireless edge
- 4 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 5 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
Latest News Articles
- Magic: The Gathering Arena enters open beta on September 28
- The Assassin’s Creed Challenge comes to Sydney
- Playstation embraces the past with Playstation Classic
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces PC Partnership with Activision for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- HP launches Omen by HP Challenger Series Tournament
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic FZ1000U OLED TV: Full, in-depth, review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?