View CATxIP 1000
The AdderView CATxIP 1000 packs just enough punch at a sweet price for SMBs and remote offices
- USB ports are device-specific, maximum of four controlled power boxes
The AdderView CATx1000 IP is a low-cost, no-frills IP KVM that simply does its job without any fuss.
Price$ 2,085.00 (AUD)
The tricky parts
From a management perspective, as mentioned, Adder doesn't offer the single-click convenience that you'll find in pricier systems. Still, you don't lose access to management functionality entirely: Just open up a Telnet window to get at iLo, DRAC, or IPMI service processes. You'll want to take good notes, however, as to which address is which. To the big boys' credit, making these additional management pieces available via a simple right-click removes the "oops" factor of typing in the incorrect service processor address and rebooting the wrong machine.
AdderView offers a particularly clever trick: You can control a collection of dual-headed computers by tying two KVM units together via their serial-option ports, then sending a CAM from each KVM to each video port on the computer. The trick does requires that you have two KVMs for each of your dual-headed video connections. The benefit here is that you don’t have to pay for an extra console video port if you don’t want to, but you have the option to add it later without the need to trade in the old unit. I would like to see a model in Adder's lineup offers DVI instead of analog video, especially considering that DVI has replaced VGA for most multiheaded setups.
The AdderView CATx1000 IP is a low-cost, no-frills IP KVM that simply does its job without any fuss. Thanks to VNC, even a branch office can have remote access to their servers, right down to making BIOS changes and watching for errors as systems boots up. It can't compete with enterprise-oriented IP KVMs in terms of scalability or easy access to management tools — but it's targeted at SMBs, not large companies, and it's priced accordingly.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Polycom Renew Their Most Iconic Teleconferencing Solution
- Western Digital Announces Acquisition of Upthere
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- NBN hooks up 6 million homes and businesses
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTServer SupportSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTIT Asset Management AnalystOther
- CCMultiple Python DeveloperVIC
- FTBatch support specialistVIC
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTChange and Business Deployment Specialist - $800 per dayOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Loyalty Program)Other
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++ and NodeQLD
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- TPAngular 1.4 - 6 months contractQLD
- FTData Specialist (SSIS, CRM)ACT