Adobe Systems Acrobat Professional 7.0
Once it gets going, the application gives you a handy way to share files. The ability to allow comments and mark up in Adobe Reader 7 also makes it easier than ever to get everybody's input.
Price$ 839.00 (AUD)
If you need an easier way to share and comment on documents, take a look at Adobe's Acrobat 7 Professional. The $839 program lets you create Portable Document Format (PDF) files that users of Adobe's free Reader 7 can annotate - but only if you let them.
Once you enable commenting, you'll be warned that you will lose some Acrobat functions, such as the ability to delete pages and fill out form fields. To preserve this functionality, you must save a version of the document without commenting enabled. Note: the $539 Standard version of Acrobat 7 doesn't allow you to make the mark up and comment tools available to Adobe Reader 7 users.
Version 7 enhances Acrobat's links to Microsoft Office applications, including the ability to PDF Outlook e-mail messages or entire folders.
Adobe claims that version 7 is 50 per cent faster than version 6 at creating PDF files from Office apps.
Adobe also promises launch times for Acrobat and Reader that are up to four times faster than with previous versions. I didn't notice a much speedier startup with either program on my test machine, however.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPBusiness Continuity Senior Associate/ IT AuditNSW
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- CCScrum Master - BrisbaneNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTAxiomSL Technical ConsultantOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- TPPrincipal PO|PI DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSnr Information Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTService Provider Manager - Asset ManagementOther
- TPTest Automation EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Change Manager, Portfolio Change DeliveryOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTTechnical Product ArchitectQLD
- FTJunior Business AnalystACT
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTDigital Business Analyst - IntermediateQLD
- FTChange Manager- Rail / Fleet MaintenanceOther
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- FTCapability Specialist | Business AnalystOther
- FTProgram Director - ieMROther