Adobe Systems Photoshop Elements 6
- Powerful image editing software, easy to learn and understand, intuitive interface, wide range of useful features
- Some much loved Photoshop CS3 features are not available, but that's why you buy CS3 now isn't it?
Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 is perfect for those new to photo editing or anyone who wants the power of Photoshop at a fraction of the price.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Digital Photography has seen a massive boom in the last few years and as a result people have hundreds of photos on their PCs. If they are anything like us, they tend to exist in folders upon folders and most of them never get seen again. Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 has the tools to edit and improve your photos but it also offers features to organise, keep track and share them with family and friends.
The most obvious change in version 6 is the user interface. In addition to a new grey Apple Mac look, it has also been tweaked so it can be more easily used by novices without becoming too simple for those in the know. The interface can be viewed in guided, quick or full modes which cater to the level of expertise the user has. In guided mode, the program asks you what you want to do and helps you accomplish it. There is not much room for manipulation in this mode as most of it is automated. In Quick mode, the basics of photo editing are made available with slider bars so you can fiddle with the image until you are happy with it. Full mode has the most features and is a trimmed version of the Photoshop CS3 interface. More experienced users will find this mode the most helpful.
Both Photoshop Elements 6.0 and Premiere Elements 4.0 integrate with the Adobe organiser software. This is a gallery which categorises the media on your PC whether it is images, audio or video. When used with Photoshop it can be a useful and sophisticated tool that will help you keep track of your photos. In addition, the organiser software can also create online Web galleries so you can share your photos with the world. There are a number of different templates available and to use them is as simple as dragging the desired photos into a box. We were also impressed with the way that organiser can automatically remove red-eye from photos while importing them from your camera -- it's more than just handy, it's awesome to watch.
Adobe has really made an effort to give this year's version of Photoshop Elements a complete overhaul. While it still performs many of the same functions, the way it helps a new user along the path from guided through to full edit mode is quite impressive and is sure to be popular with those who are either IT challenged or new to photo editing.
If you have always wanted to use Photoshop but could never afford it, Elements is the answer. It isn't a watered down version of Photoshop but instead is only simplified. All the same power is still available; it's just easier to understand and doesn't require a degree to use.
Photoshop Elements 6.0 is available as a stand-alone product or can be purchased in a bundle with Premiere Elements 4.0.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- CCProject Manager - Go to Market programVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- FTSecurity Business AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Financial and Billing systemsVIC
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst (Logistics transformation program)Other
- FTChange Management LeadOther
- FTWebMethods DeveloperOther
- FTDevOps Engineers/Consultants - CloudOther
- FTSAP ISU Device management-FunctionalVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTPresales Security ConsultantWA
- FTIT Business AnalystOther
- FTData Modeller (Test Data Management)ACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC