Adobe Systems Premiere Elements 2
- Powerful editing
- Premiere Elements 2 is an elegant, powerful video editor that will make you look like you know what you're doing. Want proof? Next time you're at my house, I'll show you one of my home DVDs.
Premiere Elements 2 is an elegant, powerful video editor that will make you look like you know what you're doing. Want proof? Next time you're at my house, I'll show you one of my home DVDs.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
Premiere Elements 1.0 was a great first effort from Adobe. However the embarrassment of riches it had to draw on for its first serious foray into the entry level video editing market, namely the powerful and professional Premiere Pro, may have led to problems in determining how much hand holding the first time video editor needed.
As it turned out, the first time video editor needed a lot more hand holding than what was provided in Premiere Elements 1.0. Adobe Premiere 2.0 has rectified this issue of assuming too much within the interface and workflow, providing stronger task based processes and a better help structure, much in the same way as Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 has developed on the home photo editing front.
However the good news for more experienced video users is that it is quite easy to interrupt the task process and add your own personal touch to a project, while not disrupting the workflow.
By default, Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 breaks the video making experience into a series of task based actions, whereby you capture video, work with your video and export the final movie ready for your audience.
Therefore, Premiere Elements 2.0 makes no demands on the user to fully understand the finer points of editing video if that's how the user wants to work. At the top right of the screen is a section showing capture, edit, titles and DVD. If you work through this section in the correct order, you should end up with a finished movie at the other end. The left side of the screen provides access to the Media downloader and the Export tab, to output your video project to anything from a DVD to a mobile phone.
When it comes to downloading video, or anything for that matter, Premiere Elements 2.0 is remarkably agnostic - the Media Downloader handls everything from MPEG4 video from tapeless camcorder to MPEG-2 from a first generation DVD camcorder with ease. Of course the normal DV camcorder transfer processes are supported, with IEEE 1394/Firewire support as well as USB/USB 2 support. Basically, if you can hook it up to a PC and download it, Elements 2.0 will let you put it on the timeline.
Keeping everything in its native file format is also a big time saver when it comes to the final render and output stage. Preview the edited footage on a TV straight off the timeline to make sure the resolution and colours are accurate and you're ready to make your first DVD. Select a DVD template, establish the appropriate links, write your titles and pick the background music. Finally, put a blank DVD into your PC's DVD recorder and create some movie magic.
A bundling option is available where you get Photoshop Elements 4.0 and Premiere Elements 2.0 for $245, which is probably one of the best photo/video deals available at the moment. Adobe's second effort at a video creation solution for the non-professional is commendable and will satisfy the camcorder user wanting to make DVD movies that are fun to make and entertaining to watch.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInternal Communications ManagerOther
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTLead Land Access Coordinator - UrgentOther
- FTService Level ManagerSA
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSenior Master Data Officer- SAP , VLookup, Pivot, FinanceOther
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Testing/Technical WritingOther
- FTEnd User Support OfficerSA
- FTInside Sales SMSF SolutionsOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Network SecurityOther
- FTUI / UX Lead DesignerQLD
- FTScheduler - CommunicationsOther
- FTSr SQL Developer/Data Migration SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Change Manager / Director, IT & Business TransformationOther
- FTNetwork Support Engineer x2Other
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCSIAM Governance ManagerNSW
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Lead - Java DeveloperQLD