Aigo aiPower N6215 iPhone case
Aigo's aiPower iPhone case boosts iPhone battery life, much like the Mophie Juice Pack Air
- Provides up to 75 per cent more iPhone battery life, pass-through USB connection, protective case works well
- Extremely ugly and bulky, hard to reach mute switch and headphone jack, battery life indicator is simplistic
Aigo's aiPower N2615 case gives your iPhone 3G or 3GS a new lease on life, providing up to 75 per cent more battery life. However, its design means you probably won't want to keep it on your phone all the time.
Price$ 119.00 (AUD)
If, like plenty of others, you are frustrated with your iPhone's battery life, help is at hand. Like the Mophie Juice Pack Air, the Aigo aiPower N2615 combines a rechargeable battery and iPhone case, giving more juice to your Apple iPhone 3G or 3GS. Though the extra battery life might make the aiPower N2615 indispensable for those on the move, the case can be frustrating.
iPhone cases serve largely to protect and “aesthetically enhance” Apple's smartphone. While the Aigo aiPower N2615 iPhone case ably does the former, it certainly doesn't make the phone any prettier. Made of a hard plastic and surrounded by rubber, the case makes the iPhone nearly three times as deep when attached. The thick rubber casing makes it difficult to reach the phone's mute switch, and prevents you from using any headphones with a right-angled or fat jack.
However, given the integrated battery we understand the size of the case is something of a necessary evil. Fortunately, there are plenty of upsides. The surrounding rubber makes it easy to insert the iPhone, and you can still use the volume controls on the handset’s side. Surprisingly, the camera's field of view remains uncompromised by the case. Though the aiPower N2615 uses the iPhone's dock connector to attach to the iPhone, it provides a passthrough mini-USB connection so you can still charge the iPhone and connect it to iTunes without removing the case. Aigo bundles a small stand that attaches to the back of the iPhone case to prop up your phone on a desk. Unfortunately, it attaches via a suction cap that we found detached too easily during use.
The aiPower N2615 case's thickness and rounded back make for excellent protection against knocks and bumps. Though the iPhone probably won't withstand a face plant, it will survive many accidental drops with ease.
While we wouldn't recommend the aiPower N2615 as a permanent iPhone case, the integrated battery makes temporary use worth it. The case integrates a 1500mAH battery that recharges the iPhone rather than acting as a secondary battery. Aigo claims the battery can provide up to 130 per cent more battery life for the iPhone. We turned on the fully charged aiPower N2615 iPhone case when our 32GB iPhone 3GS' battery reached 10 percent capacity. Over two and a half hours, the case recharged the phone to 85 per cent; 75 per cent extra battery in total. While this is just under half Aigo's claim, it is still a fantastic result that ensures the iPhone will last for another five to six hours of moderate use.
The battery can be switched off at the back of the Aigo aiPower N2615 iPhone case. It is accompanied by a "Smart LED Power Indicator" which tells you whether the battery has any charge or not. We would have preferred an indication of how much battery is left.
The Aigo aiPower N2615 iPhone case won't strike a chord with the style-conscious demographic that Apple products are traditionally associated with. However, the extra battery life it provides is well worth the hassle when away from a power outlet or a computer. The Aigo aiPower N2615 will provide enough battery life to get you through a second day on the move.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- HMD slash price on flagship Nokia 8 ahead of MWC
- Motorola bring Android Oreo to X4
- OnePlus 6 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
- Telstra Launches the Tough Max 2 Smartphone Designed for Those That Need Extra Durability
- Moto E5 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTTechnology Support Team Leader - VR, AR, 3D PrintingOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperQLD
- FTGraduate Machine Learning/Data Science-Expression Of InterestOther
- CCSoftware Solution DesignerNSW
- FTProduct Manager - SDN Network ServicesACT
- CCUI iOS & Android DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Applications Project ManagerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- TPDocument WriterVIC
- FTSQL Database AdministratorWA
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer (Angular / .Net)NSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTJava Developer - AWS MicroservicesOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCProject Manager - PCI ComplianceQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCSecurity DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPProject Manager - Senior Application Specialist - HealthcareQLD
- FTBusiness ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA