Alienware Area 51m 7700
- Performance, Alienware extras
Too pricey for what is being offered.
Price$ 4,995.00 (AUD)
In true Alienware style, the Area 51m is a quality, high-end notebook. Apart from the lid, it's actually the same notebook as the fantastic Pioneer DreamBook Power 900.
Both notebooks are manufactured by a Taiwanese company--Clevo--then re-branded and sold in configurations decided upon by each vendor.
Alienware might brilliantly tune your machine to suit selected games of choice and allow you to tailor specifications, but it has to be said that this model just doesn't offer as much as the Pioneer, which was the same price at the time of writing.
With the Alienware notebook, you get two 60GB hard disks (for a total of 120GB in RAID configuration), a single DVD writer and 3.4GHz processor. It also includes built-in 802.11b wireless networking (the Pioneer doesn't) which, along with Gigabit Ethernet, is perfect for LAN gaming.
If you want the latest in cool and need a high end system--or if you're a gaming fanatic--then Alienware's custom tweaks and glowing Alien lid may be of interest.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTOracle Developer (PL/SQL)SA
- CCFront End Developer, North Sydney, UI knowledge, ReactJS, Adobe ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Sitecore DeveloperOther
- FTSecurity EngineerOther
- TPSAP FICO Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager/Business Analyst (Hybrid role)SA
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTIT Technical Support Executive - Level 1/2Other
- FTSecurity Operations SpecialistOther
- FTSecurity, Risk and Compliance LeaderQLD
- FTProject Manager/Business Analyst (Hybrid role) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTProject Coordinator l PMONSW
- FTLead Agile BAOther
- CCCommunications AnalystVIC
- FTSAP Functional AnalystACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Technical Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSplunk DeveloperVIC
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CC0365 EngineerNSW
- FTOpenEdge DeveloperOther
- TPWindows 10 Deployment EngineerQLD