Alienware Aurora 7500
- A gamers dream, Looks fantastic
- Missing some key features, Extremely expensive, Short warranty
With its generous software bundle and great mouse, this is a superb system. Shame you'll have to remortgage the house to buy it, then spend even more on some essential features.
Price$ 5,999.00 (AUD)
Laughing in the face of your normal price/performance balance, Alienware's Aurora 7500 is all high-end speed, top-drawer internal components and attention to detail. This is a beast of a PC.
The 7500 is a brilliant performer, but while attempting to dazzle you with sheer grunt, Alienware has missed out some basic features that really should be included in a PC for this sort of money.
The baseline system starts off expensive and, if you pop along to the Alienware website, you can configure it by adding extra features. This setup comes in at $5,999. But we think you'll need to pay out more to make it worthwhile. For example, this price doesn't include speakers or a monitor, and it'll cost you to upgrade that one-year warranty to four years. We were also disappointed by the 512MB of memory.
You'll either love or hate the HR Giger-inspired steel case - we think it looks great - but there's no arguing with its superb ability to deal with heat and noise. This PC runs cool and quiet. There's plenty of upgrade room inside, too.
A gamer's dream, the Aurora has two 256MB nVidia 7800 GTX graphics cards in SLI (scalable link interface) mode, and Creative's excellent Audigy 2 ZS. We managed 115fps (frames per second) on our Doom 3 test and the system didn't dip below 100 when pushed to 1,280x1,024. AMD's dual-core Athlon 64 X2 4400+ helped it to a WorldBench 5 score of 108.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTIBM COGNOS ICM DeveloperOther
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior/Mid Front-end Developer/DesignerOther
- FTCommunication SpecialistOther
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- FTDigital Business AnalystACT
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- TPProgram Support OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplications PackagerNSW
- CCDatabase AnalystNSW
- FTBI DeveloperQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - 6 month contract Initially - SydneyNSW