AnalogX MaxMem promises to make the most out of your RAM
- Didn't speed up my PC
Given that MaxMem's free — and that it uninstalled cleanly from our tester PC — you might want to give it a try. As the saying goes, your mileage may vary.
In that way, it says, MaxMem ensures that your PC and programs get the maximum amount of memory they need, for top performance. "It says...?" asks the sceptical reader. Read on.
MaxMem monitors your system, and when your free memory reaches a certain low threshold, it automatically frees up memory. You can set the thresholds, and also tell the program how aggressive it should be about managing your memory.
There's a fair amount of controversy over whether programs like MaxMem really work or are needed, because Windows over the years has gotten much better at memory management than it used to be.
In my tests, we didn't find that the program sped up my PC, which is a Quad Core PC running at 2.4GHz and with 2GB of RAM. And when we told the program to use its aggressive mode, the situation worsened: our programs became slow and unresponsive.
However, MaxMem may perform differently from PC to PC.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- Surviving Mars review: Spreading humanity to the stars isn't easy
- Microsoft tries forcing Mail users to open links in Edge, and people are freaking out
- This week in games: Shadow of the Tomb Raider confirmed, Witcher 3's Geralt joins Soulcalibur VI
- Record your travels for cheap with this $30 dash cam
- In Pictures: Netgear launch the Nighthawk XR500 gaming router
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject Support Officer - Mulitple RolesQLD
- FTSenior Data ModellerNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperWA
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- FTHR System ConsultantOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- CCHR Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTAssociate - Case ManagementOther
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - Onsite - UrgentOther
- TPChange Lead | UtilitiesQLD
- CCScrum Master - Online DigitalVIC
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- FTAccount Security Manager - Permanent - Sydney RegionNSW
- FTDesktop Engineer (Windows 10)Other
- FTSenior Project Managers (Multiple roles)Other
- CCSAP DevelopersNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCJunior ? Mid Level Test LeadQLD
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT