Anthology Solutions Yellow Machine P400T
- Unique design
- A little slow for file transfers
This is a convenient network backup device that we think is well-suited for small and home office environments. We didn't have any problems using it, although we do wish it had a gigabit Ethernet controller for zippier file transfers.
Price$ 2,295.00 (AUD)
For a small business with a handful of computer systems to look after, serious network attached storage (NAS) backup solutions may not be a high priority due to their cost and the implementation expertise required.
For less than $2300, Anthology Solutions' Yellow Machine P400T Server offers 1 terabyte of storage, and it simply plugs into any DHCP-enabled network and shows up as just another drive on the network.
To facilitate backups, it ships with EMC Retrospect software, which can be installed in client and host mode. You can install the client software on all the machines in your network and then control those clients from a host computer running the full version of Retrospect. Backups can be scheduled for each individual client on your network, or they can be initiated manually from the host computer to store a copy of their data on the Yellow Machine. This method of backing up and restoring files worked flawlessly in our tests, although it was slow over a 10/100 connection as we piled on the test data. Physically, the Yellow Machine looks like a tiny, bright yellow, tower PC and it has status lights on the front to inform you of any drive failures. On the inside, four IDE drives are connected in a RAID 0 configuration, for maximum capacity.
The machine also supports RAID levels 1, 1+0, 5 and JBOD and it has a built-in 8-port switch (it does not have a built-in DHCP server), Dynamic DNS support, FTP and VPN services. A WAN port facilitates a direct Internet connection through an ADSL or cable modem.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCPlatform ArchitectVIC
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- FTData Centre EngineerOther
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager | Digital Health ProgramQLD
- FTBusiness Information Security Officer (BISO)NSW
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTIT Security Assurance AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Application Lifecycle Management (Logistics)Other
- FTScheduling Specialist - Must have baseline or NV1Other
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCLevel 1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectOther
- FTDigital Business Project Manager, MediaOther
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- PTMultiple Security AnalystsACT