Anthology Solutions Yellow Machine P400T
- Unique design
- A little slow for file transfers
This is a convenient network backup device that we think is well-suited for small and home office environments. We didn't have any problems using it, although we do wish it had a gigabit Ethernet controller for zippier file transfers.
Price$ 2,295.00 (AUD)
For a small business with a handful of computer systems to look after, serious network attached storage (NAS) backup solutions may not be a high priority due to their cost and the implementation expertise required.
For less than $2300, Anthology Solutions' Yellow Machine P400T Server offers 1 terabyte of storage, and it simply plugs into any DHCP-enabled network and shows up as just another drive on the network.
To facilitate backups, it ships with EMC Retrospect software, which can be installed in client and host mode. You can install the client software on all the machines in your network and then control those clients from a host computer running the full version of Retrospect. Backups can be scheduled for each individual client on your network, or they can be initiated manually from the host computer to store a copy of their data on the Yellow Machine. This method of backing up and restoring files worked flawlessly in our tests, although it was slow over a 10/100 connection as we piled on the test data. Physically, the Yellow Machine looks like a tiny, bright yellow, tower PC and it has status lights on the front to inform you of any drive failures. On the inside, four IDE drives are connected in a RAID 0 configuration, for maximum capacity.
The machine also supports RAID levels 1, 1+0, 5 and JBOD and it has a built-in 8-port switch (it does not have a built-in DHCP server), Dynamic DNS support, FTP and VPN services. A WAN port facilitates a direct Internet connection through an ADSL or cable modem.
Join the newsletter!
A printer that is efficient, reliable and can work seamlessly with your systems and software.Read this solicitor's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTAPI Developer | Full stackOther
- CCTransformation Technical ArchitectWA
- FTIT SpecialistSA
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTDigital Marketing Manager - Affiliates and PartnersOther
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- FTLead Business Analyst - Senior Digital ConsultantACT
- TPEL1 Data AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | Process & SystemsQLD
- FTSharePoint DeveloperOther
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPTechnical Lead Systems EngineerQLD
- TPSitecore Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Service ManagementWA
- TP.NET DeveloperNSW