Antics 3.1 ProPack
Simple 3-D animation
- Easy to use, animations for interaction between elements can be handled automatically
- Rendering quality not as good as a professional 3-D package (but then it isn't supposed to be)
Antics BasePack is highly recommended as a quick and easy way for creating animations. Modelling and rendering are not to the same level as professional 3-D packages, but this is operating in a different market that privileges speed and ease of use. Antics 3.1 ProPack's usefulness depends largely on how much content you need, with the option to buy elements separately.
Price$ 346.00 (AUD)
Antics 3.1 ProPack offers a simple way to prepare storyboards created with 3-D characters and scenes. Antics software has been regularly used to help producers and directors pitch ideas. Antics also releases a free version of its software, BasePack, with the aim of providing animation tools that will appeal to a broad range of personal users.
The two versions of the product, BasePack and Antics 3.1 ProPack (reviewed here), share most of the same technical functions, but the ProPack provides a great deal more content as well as higher levels of technical support and some advanced features. These include an exporter for 3DS Max, as well as multiple licences that can be administered from a server.
Within Antics 3.1 ProPack you can create a set into which pre-generated characters and props can be dragged and dropped. Animations allowing interaction between different elements are automatically generated, making this one of the easiest 3D packages around to use when it comes to creating movies. While preparing your set will still take a little time to master, the essentials can be picked up in a few hours.
Antics ProPack version 3 has greatly added to previous releases, now allowing users to import some common file formats such as .JPG, .WAV, .BVH, .3DS and .FBX (with support for Google SketchUp included in 3.1), as well as some essential tools that had been missing, most notably the ability to scale items. Camera controls have been improved, while the content viewer organises different characters and props hierarchically so that you can find the element you need more quickly.
While most of the essentials are very similar between the BasePack and Antics 3.1 ProPack, it is the additional content that will decide if you need to upgrade. Individual content packs can be purchased from the Antics website - for example characters in formal attire or courtroom sets - for users who want to create something very specific.
NOTE: Pricing for this product is only available in British pounds.
Join the newsletter!
As modern printing and imaging solutions have become more versatile and sophisticated to keep up with the needs of users, hackers are working overtime to turn these innovations into vulnerabilities.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- 3 ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- 4 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 5 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
Latest News Articles
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- Opinion: Is Microsoft already killing off Windows 7?
- Google bring SMS to PCs with Android Messages for Desktop
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung officially debut the Galaxy Note 9
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- HTC U12+: Full, in-depth review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?