Antics 3.1 ProPack
Simple 3-D animation
- Easy to use, animations for interaction between elements can be handled automatically
- Rendering quality not as good as a professional 3-D package (but then it isn't supposed to be)
Antics BasePack is highly recommended as a quick and easy way for creating animations. Modelling and rendering are not to the same level as professional 3-D packages, but this is operating in a different market that privileges speed and ease of use. Antics 3.1 ProPack's usefulness depends largely on how much content you need, with the option to buy elements separately.
Price$ 346.00 (AUD)
Antics 3.1 ProPack offers a simple way to prepare storyboards created with 3-D characters and scenes. Antics software has been regularly used to help producers and directors pitch ideas. Antics also releases a free version of its software, BasePack, with the aim of providing animation tools that will appeal to a broad range of personal users.
The two versions of the product, BasePack and Antics 3.1 ProPack (reviewed here), share most of the same technical functions, but the ProPack provides a great deal more content as well as higher levels of technical support and some advanced features. These include an exporter for 3DS Max, as well as multiple licences that can be administered from a server.
Within Antics 3.1 ProPack you can create a set into which pre-generated characters and props can be dragged and dropped. Animations allowing interaction between different elements are automatically generated, making this one of the easiest 3D packages around to use when it comes to creating movies. While preparing your set will still take a little time to master, the essentials can be picked up in a few hours.
Antics ProPack version 3 has greatly added to previous releases, now allowing users to import some common file formats such as .JPG, .WAV, .BVH, .3DS and .FBX (with support for Google SketchUp included in 3.1), as well as some essential tools that had been missing, most notably the ability to scale items. Camera controls have been improved, while the content viewer organises different characters and props hierarchically so that you can find the element you need more quickly.
While most of the essentials are very similar between the BasePack and Antics 3.1 ProPack, it is the additional content that will decide if you need to upgrade. Individual content packs can be purchased from the Antics website - for example characters in formal attire or courtroom sets - for users who want to create something very specific.
NOTE: Pricing for this product is only available in British pounds.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCJava Developers (EOI)QLD
- CCLinux Platform/Development SpecialistACT
- FTSupport Analyst - Level 1-2Other
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Project Coordinator, Operational ProjectsOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Procurement Manager- Government BackgroundOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Support Engineer | 12mth FTCOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- CCSenior Program ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- FTO365 ConsultantOther
- FTReports AnalystWA
- FTPortfolio Lead. PMONSW
- FTJunior Manual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- CCTechnical Field EngineerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTSalesforce CRM AdministratorOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Green Belt)NSW