With determination and drive, you achieve outstanding performance! Get Bitdefender Total Security 2018 Now!
Antics 3.1 ProPack
Simple 3-D animation
- Easy to use, animations for interaction between elements can be handled automatically
- Rendering quality not as good as a professional 3-D package (but then it isn't supposed to be)
Antics BasePack is highly recommended as a quick and easy way for creating animations. Modelling and rendering are not to the same level as professional 3-D packages, but this is operating in a different market that privileges speed and ease of use. Antics 3.1 ProPack's usefulness depends largely on how much content you need, with the option to buy elements separately.
Price$ 346.00 (AUD)
Antics 3.1 ProPack offers a simple way to prepare storyboards created with 3-D characters and scenes. Antics software has been regularly used to help producers and directors pitch ideas. Antics also releases a free version of its software, BasePack, with the aim of providing animation tools that will appeal to a broad range of personal users.
The two versions of the product, BasePack and Antics 3.1 ProPack (reviewed here), share most of the same technical functions, but the ProPack provides a great deal more content as well as higher levels of technical support and some advanced features. These include an exporter for 3DS Max, as well as multiple licences that can be administered from a server.
Within Antics 3.1 ProPack you can create a set into which pre-generated characters and props can be dragged and dropped. Animations allowing interaction between different elements are automatically generated, making this one of the easiest 3D packages around to use when it comes to creating movies. While preparing your set will still take a little time to master, the essentials can be picked up in a few hours.
Antics ProPack version 3 has greatly added to previous releases, now allowing users to import some common file formats such as .JPG, .WAV, .BVH, .3DS and .FBX (with support for Google SketchUp included in 3.1), as well as some essential tools that had been missing, most notably the ability to scale items. Camera controls have been improved, while the content viewer organises different characters and props hierarchically so that you can find the element you need more quickly.
While most of the essentials are very similar between the BasePack and Antics 3.1 ProPack, it is the additional content that will decide if you need to upgrade. Individual content packs can be purchased from the Antics website - for example characters in formal attire or courtroom sets - for users who want to create something very specific.
NOTE: Pricing for this product is only available in British pounds.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- 2 Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 review: Smaller form-factor, higher performance
- 3 Jabra Elite 65t review: Third time's the charm
- 4 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 5 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
Latest News Articles
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- HTC promise more Edge Sense and a better camera with the HTC U12+
- Nokia 8 Sirocco review: Full, in-depth review
- OnePlus debut the OnePlus 6
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?