Anyplace Control Anyplace Control
- Simple setup, trial account option
- It's slow, you can't output to a printer connected to the local PC or hear the target PC's system audio
Anyplace Control will be suitable for occasional users who find themselves in a squeeze and don't want to spend too much on a service.
Price$ 49.50 (AUD)
The Anyplace Control remote access software works only after it has been installed on both the target PC and the system on which you wish to access it.
Anyplace Control is more simple than most setups, however, and there's no need to provide your credit-card details to create a trial account. An access code, username and password control entry to the target PC.
Anyplace Control allowed us to open programs and documents fairly easily, but the program was considerably slower than other remote-access services we have tried.
Regardless of when we ran our tests we found a noticeable delay between clicking an item on our target PC and it becoming visible on the local machine. On-screen information is another concern. Anyplace Control cunningly displays the desktop wallpaper of your target PC, but when we tested this the image was blurred.
We followed Anyplace Control's recommendation to remove this and successfully speeded up access to the desktop and the opening of files. However, the transfer time for an 18MB file between PCs was still pretty sluggish at 13 minutes.
Anyplace Control offers either a Full Control or a View Only service. The latter allows files to be transferred and the contents of the clipboard to be copied to the local PC.
While Anyplace Control offers the familiar Ctrl, Alt, Del key sequence to reboot a hanging remote system, you can't output to a printer connected to the local PC or hear the target PC's system audio.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectOther
- FTQlikview Technical LeadOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCCloud Engineer - based in BrisbaneVIC
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperOther
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTAccount ManagerACT
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCCognos/Datastage DeveloperQLD
- FTRecruitment Contract SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT