Anyware Corporation RoboDog Webcam
- Ease of use and setup, Novelty factor
- Image quality isn’t the best, software could be more advanced
It won’t blow you away with its quality, but it does provide a cheap alternative to the competition.
Price$ 29.00 (AUD)
Webcams are a popular product, as the ability to see a person live from the other side of the planet is something special. Anyware Computer Accessories has recognized that children make up an increasingly large proportion of webcam users and has developed a RoboDog webcam - a small and compact webcam in the shape of a futuristic dog.
The RoboDog is very basic and plugs into your PC via a removable USB cable, which is included in the sales package. Installation is a hassle-free process; simply install the provided software and plug the webcam into a free USB port on your computer. Keeping in line with its target audience, the RoboDog definitely scores points for setup and ease of use. The RoboDog has four hinged legs, which means if it's positioned correctly, it can sit nicely on top of your PC's monitor.
The installation CD contains a piece of software called Amcap, which is used to run the webcam. Simply click 'Options>Preview' and a window displays the current image. Focus is adjusted using the focus control, mounted in the nose of the RoboDog. We experienced some difficulty in obtaining a respectable image, as the focal ring is quite difficult to move and requires a little extra force to turn.
The software is very simple to use; 'Capture>Snap One Image' takes a still photograph, while 'Capture>Start Camera' records video. Our main complaint with the software is the lack of easy access to these controls as they are all part of the toolbar. We would have appreciated a large record button implemented into the interface, which makes it quicker to start recording or take a quick snapshot.
Video quality of the RoboDog isn't the greatest, but it is slightly better than Anyware's other foray into the webcam world, the Toy Webcam. At under $30 its excellent value for money and adds a bit of fun to the world of webcams.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Data EngineerOther
- FTCloud/Infrastructure SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP ISU Device management-FunctionalVIC
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTAgile Business Analyst, MarketingOther
- TPSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTDigital Project Manager - Mobile App, Website BuildOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Data Analytics & banking backgroundOther
- CCXamarin Mobile Developer - East MelbourneNSW
- FTOracle DB & Python DeveloperVIC
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTSAP FICO ConsultantOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Heavy Vehicle Regulation & LegislationOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSalesforce Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTGeneral Manager - Security, Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPScrum MasterNSW