AOC Verfino V22 LCD monitor
The AOC Verfino V22 offers good dynamic contrast -- and it's allegedly the world's thinnest LCD monitor.
- Attractive design, dynamic contrast is well implemented, good image quality
- No DVI, black levels could be better, glossy panel
AOC's Verfino V22 LCD monitor combines a stylish design and good image quality. The glossy panel does limit the monitor's placement, though.
Price$ 449.00 (AUD)
Rejecting the square lines and dreary bezels of its competitors, AOC has made heads turn once again with the bold and stylish Verfino V22 LCD monitor. The fashionable design is supported by good image quality and a well-implemented dynamic contrast function. This monitor is suitable for games, movies and general multimedia use.
AOC appears to have taken design cues from LG's Scarlet LCD TV series with the Verfino V22, blending crimson with gloss black for an appealing bezel surrounded by a transparent border; it's a stylish design that we prefer over LG's Scarlet TVs. The wide bottom frame can be a little distracting during use, but the eye-catching bezel will be appreciated by the fashion-conscious.
The other eye-catching aspect of the Verfino V22 LCD monitor is how thin it is. Thanks to WLED backlighting, AOC has managed to create what it claims is the world's slimmest monitor. It's only 19mm thick, although at the bottom there is a slight bulge, increasing the depth to 27mm in order to accommodate the power and input connections. These connections — which include D-Sub, HDMI, USB and line-in ports — will add significantly to the monitor's overall footprint once used, but the Verfino V22's slim design is certainly appealing. The WLED backlighting also reduces the monitor's power consumption to an average 28 Watts during operation, compared to the 35-40W consumed by most 22in LCD monitors.
The AOC Verfino 22in LCD monitor has a 2ms response rate, a maximum resolution of 1680x1050 and a dynamic contrast ratio of 100,000:1. At 280cd/m2, its brightness is slightly inferior to the 300cd/m2 brightness found on many CCFL-backlit 22in LCD monitors.
AOC has integrated speakers, a microphone and a 1.3-megapixel webcam into the Verfino V22 LCD monitor. The speakers' maximum volume isn't particularly impressive and the webcam's clarity is often poor, but they are still commendable inclusions.
You can configure the monitor by pressing the monitor's power button; a silver ring around the button acts as a four-way navigation pad. The on-screen display provides brightness/contrast, image set up and colour temperature options, as well as the settings for dynamic contrast and AOC's ColorBoost technology. This option alters the individual red, green and blue spectrums to improve skin tones and landscapes, which allows for a more vibrant image in movies. Colour temperature settings include an sRGB preset, though other presets have descriptive labels like "warm" and "cool" rather than industry standard temperature indicators.
AOC's insistence on using glossy panels in its monitors limits their placement in well-lit areas. Provided you do find an adequate position, however, the Verfino V22 LCD monitor produces a good quality image to suit standard office tasks and some movie watching and gaming. Black levels could be better — they proved inconsistent across the display — but colours are vibrant once the monitor properly configured.
Most surprising is the implementation of dynamic contrast. After its initial adjustment, the function provides better contrast levels without noticeably altering backlight settings with every change in image brightness. Dynamic contrast is often poorly implemented in 22in monitors. Movies will benefit from the seamless transition delivered by the Verfino V22's dynamic contrast function.
Motion is handled well, with no noticeable ghosting, tearing or other aberrations. In both fast-paced movies and games, the Verfino V22 LCD monitor is a definite improvement over the AOC Zifas 2218Ph. Though the AOC Verfino V22 LCD monitor doesn't represent the pinnacle of WLED technology, it has low power consumption and a vibrant colour palette. If you're after a monitor that has a little more style than the standard fare, the Verfino V22 monitor offers both an appealing design and decent image quality.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? Wintel PlatformVIC
- FT.Net Full-stack DeveloperOther
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTIntegration Technical LeadOther
- FTIntegration SpecialistNSW
- TPPHP and PL/SQL SupportNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- FTAgile Coach/Scrum MasterOther
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectVIC
- TPPMO ManagerNSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- CCIncident/Service ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst x 2 - ServiceNowQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCSolution Delivery Manager/Tech LeadNSW
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? Storage & BackupsVIC
- TPSystems Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTCRM Dynamics 365 ConsultantOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- CCAIX System Administration ? UNIXVIC
- TPChange Manager - Services CatalogueQLD